(OT) The College Football Thread

Eleven

This just doesn't look like an NFL qb to me

I tend to agree. The issue is he isn't making reads and his just kinda slinging the ball out there. It is fine if he isn't changing the play at the line, I get not doing a lot of that but he's going to his first option on almost every play. 

It's a game. And now there's some hatred there, so it's fun

It's classless. You just beat your opponent, at home, there's already hatred there. Storming the field is classless, plain and simple. 

I tend to agree. The issue is he isn't making reads and his just kinda slinging the ball out there. It is fine if he isn't changing the play at the line, I get not doing a lot of that but he's going to his first option on almost every play. 

It's classless. You just beat your opponent, at home, there's already hatred there. Storming the field is classless, plain and simple. 

Agreed. I see nothing special in what he's doing. I still feel like he's somebody Beane and McDermott would fall in love with unfortunately

I still disagree, but oh well. I really don't care about class or morality in sports. the best moments / rivalries in sports are often spawned from rubbing it in or trash talking or something similar. The U was amazing to watch because they were . At the end of the day it's just a game, so do whatever you want on the field really (short of intentionally injuring someone)

This just doesn't look like an NFL qb to me

Disagree. It's fun, creates rivalries, and, well, why not? I see no downside to it

Ok, I'll make a clarification. When Syracuse storms the court I want to throw a remote through the TV. You're Syracuse! It's your barn! You are supposed to win this game! I don't care who it's against.

I don't care about almost anyone else.

Yes, The Orange are my team.

Edited by ubkev

Ok, I'll make a clarification. When Syracuse storms the court I want to throw a remote through the TV. You're ###### Syracuse! It's your ###### barn! You are ###### supposed to win this game! I don't care who it's against.

I don't care about almost anyone else.

Yes, The Orange are my team.

If it's a big game I say go for it. If it's the equivalent of playing Hawaii then yeah little too much for me. 

For comparison, here's Rosen

100%. Mayfield is also just a shotfun quarterback with jittery feet. Rosen's footwork is so solid, and he has a better release. 

Yea, Mayfield had some really odd looking throws. I don't know what to point to and say "that was the issue" but there was something that just looked, off. 

If it's a big game I say go for it. If it's the equivalent of playing Hawaii then yeah little too much for me. 

For comparison, here's Rosen

You guys are making assessments based on a video or a game or two. Watch these guys play. In person. Over several games. You'll see how good Mayfield is. Quick decision making and pinpoint accuracy is why I liken him to Drew Brees. He leads college football in completion %, led it last year (over 70%), and was 4th in the nation as a sophomore. There are plenty of good college QBs out there - probably 5 with legit NFL starter potential. I definitely think Mayfield is one of them.

You guys are making assessments based on a video or a game or two. Watch these guys play. In person. Over several games. You'll see how good Mayfield is. Quick decision making and pinpoint accuracy is why I liken him to Drew Brees. He leads college football in completion %, led it last year (over 70%), and was 4th in the nation as a sophomore. There are plenty of good college QBs out there - probably 5 with legit NFL starter potential. I definitely think Mayfield is one of them.

In the Bills thread we've had videos on them since last year as well. Our takes are far from unique, it's the word on these guys

Mayfield has quick decision making because that's what his offense dictates. He leads the NCAAF in completion % because he doesn't do anything but throw the ball where he's told, with less than a second after the snap. I think Mayfield is an amazing college QB, and a backup NFL qb at best

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.