(OT) The College Football Thread

Eleven

Let's have at it here.

Great idea. 

Alabama's d' owned Florida State last night.  Held the Seminoles to 40 yards on the ground, forced 3 turnovers and shutout FSU in the 2nd half.  Bama' controlled the clock last night.  Convincing win for the Tide.     

Edited by GoPre

TAMU led UCLA by 34 at one point today, and they held a 44-17 lead in the 4th quarter.

UCLA won 45-44.

Rosen had himself a day: 35/58, 491 yards, 4 TD, no turnovers. 3 UCLA receivers went over 100 yards. TAMU threw for 89 yards total.

Edited by EichSnipe

Frankly, I find the college game far more compelling than the NFL. I know that the NCAA (and some schools) have their issues, but as a whole, I'd much rather watch a game like 'Bama vs. FSU than just about any pro game. The atmosphere, the bands, the student sections.  I mean, the U. of M.'s stadium holds over 100,000 for cryin' in the sink!  And they fill it every game.  That says something right there. 

Anyway, I kind of like that there are some big match-ups early in the season this year.  I always hated waiting for a month for the good games to start.  And this year, it looks like the Big Ten will be giving the SEC and ACC a run for the money.  It should be fun!

Frankly, I find the college game far more compelling than the NFL. I know that the NCAA (and some schools) have their issues, but as a whole, I'd much rather watch a game like 'Bama vs. FSU than just about any pro game. The atmosphere, the bands, the student sections.  I mean, the U. of M.'s stadium holds over 100,000 for cryin' in the sink!  And they fill it every game.  That says something right there. 

Anyway, I kind of like that there are some big match-ups early in the season this year.  I always hated waiting for a month for the good games to start.  And this year, it looks like the Big Ten will be giving the SEC and ACC a run for the money.  It should be fun!

It's not as competitive as the NFL, though.  Every NFL team enters a game with at least some chance to win.  Same can't be said with respect to the vast majority of college games.  

But yeah, the atmosphere is incredible.

Also, UB today, wow. How to ###### THAT up.

This is rhetorical, right? It's UB. They won 4 games the entire time I attended. They blow. They had one miracle season and that's just it. That's all it'll ever be. They're back to being a 3 or 4 win team in a garbage conference.

This is rhetorical, right? It's UB. They won 4 games the entire time I attended. They blow. They had one miracle season and that's just it. That's all it'll ever be. They're back to being a 3 or 4 win team in a garbage conference.

Yep.  Time to kill the program.  Go to I-AA and build up hockey, lacrosse, basketball, and women's rowing.  And I am NOT kidding as to the last of those.  They could win title after title on local talent alone.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.