Most Overrated of Every Category

WildCard

With Bowman and Nill being morons, Flagg hating Toews, and the general hate for Byslma, I thought it'd be fun if we all listed our most overrated of each of the following

1) GM

2) Coach

3) Forward

4) Defender

5) Goalie

Note: this is not the worst players, but merely the most overrated. I'll start

The person has to be active or active as of last season

1) Ken Holland (there are so many for this one though, hard to choose)

2) Randy Carlyle

3) Stamkos

4) Seabrook

5) Quick

Toughee, with so many to choose from...

1) Tie between the clowns from Montreal, Colorado, Vancouver, the island but there are many more right there including Holland for sure

2) Torts...seems to just be in the right place at the right time (kinda like Peter Laviolette) but not so sure he's really any good

3) Sedin twins...Vancouver is soooooooooooooooo bad

4) Kulikov based on the fact that he was absolutely horrible and the jets found it fitting to give the guy 3 years and 13 million (fore that reason alone I guess the Jets GM who has that name that is both hard to spell and pronounce should also be on the worse GM list)

5) MILLER...

1. GM: Joe Sakic, Colorado: Only his name allows him to keep his job

2. HC: John Cooper Tampa: Inherited stacked roster, don't think he is as good as advertised.

3. Forward:Alexander Ovechkin, Washington: Amazing goal scorer no question. Just cannot ignore the playoff results and some disappearing acts.

4. Defense: Kevin Shattenkirk, NY Rangers: Paid like an elite #1 defenseman, 1 true breakout year, otherwise a 40-45 pt defenseman. Be happy the Sabres didn't get Shatt.

5. Goalie: Cam Ward, Carolina: 1 incredibly fortunate SC title aided by breaks and injuries. Yeah some blah teams but never felt he is THAT good.

Edited by (E5)

GM: Lou Lamoriello. Jersey would have been on fire a few times if the league hadn't done his bidding to fix his mess.

HC: Torts. The meltdown is coming, we must not be fooled into forgetting how this goes.

F: Stamkos. Bullet dodged last summer.

D: Shea Weber. The Habs are going to be praying for the sweet release of the lockout in a year or two.

G: Quick, but this drum has been banged so loudly for so long he's probably close to properly rated by most now.

With Bowman and Nill being morons, Flagg hating Toews, and the general hate for Byslma, I thought it'd be fun if we all listed our most overrated of each of the following

1) GM

2) Coach

3) Forward

4) Defender

5) Goalie

Note: this is not the worst players, but merely the most overrated. I'll start

The person has to be active or active as of last season

1) Ken Holland (there are so many for this one though, hard to choose)

2) Randy Carlyle

3) Stamkos

4) Seabrook

5) Quick

GM: Garth Snow

HC: Tortorella

F: Alex Ovechkin

D: Chris Tanev

G: Pekka Rinne

GM: Garth Snow

HC: Tortorella

F: Alex Ovechkin

D: Chris Tanev

G: Pekka Rinne

Snow overrated? :huh:

Is there anyone (that doesn't own the Isles) left that doesn't believe he is hopelessly over his head?

If not for catching a major break & having both Leddy & Boychuk become cap casualties movable for a pick (2nd rounder each, right?) that team would still have never sniffed the playoffs under his tenure.

Snow overrated? :huh:

Is there anyone (that doesn't own the Isles) left that doesn't believe he is hopelessly over his head?

If not for catching a major break & having both Leddy & Boychuk become cap casualties movable for a pick (2nd rounder each, right?) that team would still have never sniffed the playoffs under his tenure.

I'd argue the same about Tortorella too

Why did you call Jim Nill a moron?  His team won the West two seasons ago and they had one of the best off-seasons of any team.  I'm very intrigued to watch the Stars this season.

Pretty sure he didn't construct the team that won the regular season in the West two seasons ago; Seguin, Benn, and everyone else but Sharp were already there. I call Nill a moron because he spent an absurd amount of money on two backup goalies and let go a multitude of good defenders (namely Goligoski) all while hiring a head coach who's entire system relies on defenders and good goal tending. Then he goes out and throws a crap contract on old / hurt Bishop, throw 5 years and stupid money at a player who not only had an okay season, but is almost garunteed to return to Russia before finishing that contract; ironic because his top pick of a few years ago, Nichushkin, has already done this. 

Jim Nill is not a good gm. He rode the coat tails of the myth of Ken Holland to the top, and is quickly showing he sucks. They'll probably be good this year, because Hitchcock will make them so. But Nill will be gone in 2/3 years when they ultimately fail to do anything, again.

And Torts won the Jack Adams. This says more about the crushing existential meaninglessness of the NHL awards and the insular navel gazing back-slappery of those voting for them than it does reality. IMHO.

I just want to take a moment of my day to commend this post. Great phrasing.

Pretty sure he didn't construct the team that won the regular season in the West two seasons ago; Seguin, Benn, and everyone else but Sharp were already there. I call Nill a moron because he spent an absurd amount of money on two backup goalies and let go a multitude of good defenders (namely Goligoski) all while hiring a head coach who's entire system relies on defenders and good goal tending. Then he goes out and throws a crap contract on old / hurt Bishop, throw 5 years and stupid money at a player who not only had an okay season, but is almost garunteed to return to Russia before finishing that contract; ironic because his top pick of a few years ago, Nichushkin, has already done this.

Jim Nill is not a good gm. He rode the coat tails of the myth of Ken Holland to the top, and is quickly showing he sucks. They'll probably be good this year, because Hitchcock will make them so. But Nill will be gone in 2/3 years when they ultimately fail to do anything, again.

Eeeehhhhhh. Nill has some head scratchers for sure (last year's UFAs, the Russell trade, and the Niemi contract), but he's done a lot right as well. He got Seguin, Spezza, and Sharp for pennies on the dollar, and Oduya two years ago really helped them. I think his track record looks like a lot of GMs--it's not amazing, but its also not a disaster.

1. GM: Joe Sakic, Colorado: Only his name allows him to keep his job

2. HC: John Cooper Tampa: Inherited stacked roster, don't think he is as good as advertised.

3. Forward:Alexander Ovechkin, Washington: Amazing goal scorer no question. Just cannot ignore the playoff results and some disappearing acts.

4. Defense: Kevin Shattenkirk, NY Rangers: Paid like an elite #1 defenseman, 1 true breakout year, otherwise a 40-45 pt defenseman. Be happy the Sabres didn't get Shatt.

5. Goalie: Cam Ward, Carolina: 1 incredibly fortunate SC title aided by breaks and injuries. Yeah some blah teams but never felt he is THAT good.

Ovechkin has 90 points in 97 playoff games and has carried countless Capitals teams to the playoffs where they are exposed as frauds due to a poorly made roster, not Ovi. He has had two bad series over nine playoff appearances. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.