Rumor: LA Kings interested in Evander Kane

LGR4GM

I'd do Kane and #8 for Forbort and #11.

I wouldn't that in any sense of the word, you lose on pure value of an upgraded pick and Kane is worth more than at best a second pairing defensemen who had his break out season at 24-25.  

I wouldn't that in any sense of the word, you lose on pure value of an upgraded pick and Kane is worth more than at best a second pairing defensemen who had his break out season at 24-25.

No offense but you're over valuing Kane s trade value; we only have one year left on him. Not getting a top pairing dman for him.

No offense but you're over valuing Kane s trade value; we only have one year left on him. Not getting a top pairing dman for him.

I agree here, but your obsession with Forbort is odd. You're hugely overrating him.

Pass hard on Anisimov. We have no use for him

Unless we're moving Reinhart for a Dman.

If you think the answers are different, spell it out, don't make me beg!

Anisimov is 29, and I think Reinhart has a better and longer career than Hanifan. I think we'd be fine drafting a d-man in this draft for something in the pipeline, and trading Kane for something better than Anisimov ;)

I agree here, but your obsession with Forbort is odd. You're hugely overrating him.

Unless we're moving Reinhart for a Dman.

Fair enough. My obsession though stems from rumors with an LA trade which started a couple months ago. Ever since I've been looking at their roster for what we can get from them. Forbort seems like a good dman. Not a puck moving d like we need but still a good one.

Two could be the difference between playoffs and out. It could be the difference between a series with Pittsburgh and a series with Ottawa.

Like I said, let the chips fall where they may.

If the value he has right now is truly ass, I'm not wholly opposed to this. My main thing is I don't want to invest a big long term contract in him; thus, I'd like to get some value.

If I can only get a 2nd and 3rd, I don't deal him now. Probably bite on a 1st and prospect, though.

On that note, with reports that Minnesota wants a 1st in any Scandella deal, maybe we could chain trade this. Flip Kane for a 1st + prospect, then use that 1st and ____ for Scandella.

You're missing an entire half of that equation.

Kane + Reinhart is > Hanafin + Anisimov. 

This notion that the only way to fix the defense is to gut the top 6 takes one problem and replaces it with a bigger problem. Reinhart as a 20 year old had 47 points in the NHL. He's going to get better as he grows into his prime. 

Kane + Reinhart is > Hanafin + Anisimov.

You're also confusing former/latter.

Anyway, the point wasn't to compare Reinhart to Anisimov directly, nor Kane to Hanifin directly--it was to compare the value of winger + center to center + Dman. One can like Reinhart more than Anisimov while also thinking the gain from Hanifin over Kane is enough to tilt it in the other direction. I think it's an interesting question.

You're also confusing former/latter.

Anyway, the point wasn't to compare Reinhart to Anisimov directly, nor Kane to Hanifin directly--it was to compare the value of winger + center winger to center + Dman. One can like Reinhart more than Anisimov while also thinking the gain from Hanifin over Kane is enough to tilt it in the other direction. I think it's an interesting question.

Fixed.  :devil:

Anisimov for Kane? I know it's an Ek rumor, but it is kind of interesting. Kane would be perfect on the Hawks. The Kane boys would have great fun on Rush street. The Hawks will need a whole platoon of cops to watch over them.

That said Anisimov is a 45 pts guy, who puts up 20 goals and actually can play up and down the lineup. He has 4 years left at 4.5 which is a bit of a problem as he is already 29. That said we can probably move him in a couple of years as Nylander and Middelstadt develop.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.