2017 Stanley Cup Final NSH vs PIT

Brawndo

To be honest I know the whistle was blown before the puck went in, but isn't that rule a bit dumb ?

I mean in the spirit of the game, the other 3 refs who saw the puck should be able to overrule a bad call like that.

Not like that whistle did anything to help that goal being made.

To be honest I know the whistle was blown before the puck went in, but isn't that rule a bit dumb ?

I mean in the spirit of the game, the other 3 refs who saw the puck should be able to overrule a bad call like that.

You have to draw the line somewhere otherwise you have the even worse situation where it becomes another judgement call that can be argued about (the NHL will OF COURSE allow goals from the Pens that are a full second after the whistle where one that's 0.9 seconds after will be disallowed if it's Buffalo).

You have to draw the line somewhere otherwise you have the even worse situation where it becomes another judgement call that can be argued about (the NHL will OF COURSE allow goals from the Pens that are a full second after the whistle where one that's 0.9 seconds after will be disallowed if it's Buffalo).

We already have that "even worse" situation--see upthread where Randall Flagg remembered a goal against Buffalo (and I posted a video of it).

The league needs to Do Better.

I hated the early whistle.  But Nashville had a 5-3 and barely put pressure on Pittsburgh.  They had another PP and had 0 shots.  The Preds had their chances and couldn't do it.  In the end it was a flukey bounce goal.

It is what it is.  I'm sure Pollock was trying to protect the goalie since everyone keeps crashing the net but in this case there was no one on top of Murray.  Oh well.  It happened.

I hated the early whistle.  But Nashville had a 5-3 and barely put pressure on Pittsburgh.  They had another PP and had 0 shots.  The Preds had their chances and couldn't do it.  In the end it was a flukey bounce goal.

It is what it is.  I'm sure Pollock was trying to protect the goalie since everyone keeps crashing the net but in this case there was no one on top of Murray.  Oh well.  It happened.

True but regardless of all that Nashville should have had a 1-0 lead and imo would have packed it in in the last couple of minutes and would have made it way more difficult for Pitt.

Again, the theory is that once the whistle blows, players stop playing, so everything is then rendered moot. I still say that this could have been overturned because it was such a bang-bang play...the whistle didn't impact the play at all.

I have a hard time feeling sorry about a ref error for a fan base that was on the winning side of the Music City Miracle. Yes, I'm old and bitter before my time!

Apples & oranges. If a bad call went against the Titans in a playoff game, then you can make this argument. This is technically a different fan base.

Again, the theory is that once the whistle blows, players stop playing, so everything is then rendered moot. I still say that this could have been overturned because it was such a bang-bang play...the whistle didn't impact the play at all.

I've only seen them overturn that call one time in my life (yep, against the Sabres) and I think they got it wrong. I don't  want refs going to video to determine which players may have stopped skating because of a quick whistle. Good lord, what a show that would be.

The whistle blows, the goal doesn't count. Period.

Apples & oranges. If a bad call went against the Titans in a playoff game, then you can make this argument. This is technically a different fan base.

Sure. So are the Bills and Sabres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.