Sportsnet predicts Vegas' picks at the expansion draft

Sabre fan

Doesn't Risto play on the right side? He's been OK, I don't think you switch sides on him for Brodin.

And Brodin plays on the left, anyways.

I like Antipin's flexibility (Left shot, but reportedly plays either side), and am guessing he'll play the side opposite to whichever defensive addition we are hopefully able to acquire. For example:

McCabe - Ristolainen

Antipin - Vatanen

Guhle - Bogosian

Or

McCabe - Ristolainen

Brodin - Antipin

Guhle - Bogosian

We have to hope that Antipin proves to be of top 4 quality, and that expansion allows us the opportunity to grab a guy like Vatanen/Brodin.

There are no guarantees, but things on the back end will look significantly more promising than last year if Antipin signs and we add that other guy.

and longer term to, But they could see more merit in bogo than in moulson.

Seriously, I have a hard time believing Bogo is as bad as he showed this year. I honestly believe the system emphasized his weak points and subdued his good attributes. I'm not saying he's *good*, just not that bad.

Seriously, I have a hard time believing Bogo is as bad as he showed this year. I honestly believe the system emphasized his weak points and subdued his good attributes. I'm not saying he's *good*, just not that bad.

I think so too. He was solid in Winnipeg/Atlanta and he looked great when we first traded for him. If we can sign Antipin and he can hold down the #4 spot I think our defense will seem much improved by improving the system alone under a new coach. Sure another top 4 guy would be preferred for depth, injury fill in, and to bump Antipin or Bogosian down to the bottom pair if/as needed but it's not like a top 4 of:

McCabe Ristolainen

Antipin Bogosian

Is going to be horrible. Given the expansion draft, most teams will be going the 7-3-1 route anyway so there's a good chance their top 4's won't be that much better than that.

Oh, I don't know ... it would mean a new avatar for Pi and not sure Sabrespace could handle that.  Although, anything would be better than that stupid ass one he is using now.  Thanks a whole heck of allot there Derrico.

giphy.gif

I don't.   He's a turnover machine in his own end, why do you think WPG forced him on BUF in the Kane deal?  

That's not a "systems" issue.... oh wait, I forgot,  anytime a player does something bad it's Bylsma's fault.   Nevermind.

giphy.gif

I don't.   He's a turnover machine in his own end, why do you think WPG forced him on BUF in the Kane deal?  

That's not a "systems" issue.... oh wait, I forgot,  anytime a player does something bad it's Bylsma's fault.   Nevermind.

Why does that gif make me laugh everytime.

Maybe he's a turnover machine in his own end because A> the nearest forward to pass to is 60 feet away and/or B> he's trying to remember what's on whiteboard #6 to determine what he's supposed to do now. I have a tough time with *two* formerly OK to good D (Bogo and Kulikov) suddenly drop off a cliff in the same year on the same team. I may well be wrong, but I wouldn't mind seeing them with a different coach.

Maybe he's a turnover machine in his own end because A> the nearest forward to pass to is 60 feet away and/or B> he's trying to remember what's on whiteboard #6 to determine what he's supposed to do now. I have a tough time with *two* formerly OK to good D (Bogo and Kulikov) suddenly drop off a cliff in the same year on the same team. I may well be wrong, but I wouldn't mind seeing them with a different coach.

There you go blaming everyone but the player himself.   

Bogo has been a tire fire in his own end his entire career.  

Kulikov was injured all season, he played better in the last couple weeks when he was finally getting healthy.   

Kulikov was injured all season, he played better in the last couple weeks when he was finally getting healthy.

Bylsma is gone. Can you stop with your weak defenses of him?

Hey, I admitted I could be wrong. The sciencey part of me knows that you find facts by changing one variable and seeing what happens. My hunch (hope?) is the Sabres have changed a significant factor. I'm perfectly prepared to say Bogo is terrible if he doesn't improve next season (whether in Buffalo or Vegas).

Bylsma is gone. Can you stop with your weak defenses of him?

Didn't you hear? Botterill and Guerin both want to rehire Brandon. Fitzgerald asked Russ what Terry would think about the idea.

Not sure if this means anything, but George McPhee is Mrs. Moulson's Godfather

Terry thinks Matt is a good Christian man and he ain't goin' nowhere? Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.