Name Your Favorite Absurd 'Concepts'

WildCard

Kane is a problem in the locker room and bad pr for a franchise.   :doh: In the NFL everything would already have been swept beneath the carpet....

Yes, I am an on the ice Kane supporter.  

Edited by GoPre

The concept of Pysyk as a possession-driving, defensive-zone-exiting, offense-starting, accurate-passing, puck-carrying, difference-making, analytics darling unappreciated diamond defenseman in whom the primitive barbarian GMTM couldn't see the value and shipped off for the unskilled, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing old school Kulikov.

The concept of Pysyk as a possession-driving, defensive-zone-exiting, offense-starting, accurate-passing, puck-carrying, difference-making, analytics darling unappreciated diamond defenseman in whom the primitive barbarian GMTM couldn't see the value and shipped off for the unskilled, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing old school Kulikov.

I love this concept. My fear is we've already transferred this Concept onto Guhle. And Antipin. The Concept of the "Next" Defenseman.

[Aside: I still think Pysyk will be a good savvy 5/6 who will be the steady influence for the newcomer/new kid on a team, and able to step up to the 2nd pairing when needed, playing out a full 12-15 season career.]

I love this concept. My fear is we've already transferred this Concept onto Guhle. And Antipin. The Concept of the "Next" Defenseman.

[Aside: I still think Pysyk will be a good savvy 5/6 who will be the steady influence for the newcomer/new kid on a team, and able to step up to the 2nd pairing when needed, playing out a full 12-15 season career.]

AKA Gorges.

The concept that we can't improve our blue line without trading (gasp) Samson or Kane. Bananas, B A N A N A S bananas.

If we can't extend Kane then yeah, don't let him walk next year for nothing. But extend him if possible. And don't even talk about trading Sam.

Honest to god, if I could pick one chapter from an undergrad physics textbook that was the hardest for me to fundamentally grasp, it was this chapter of my electronics textbook. Circuits and I are not friends

After writing that, I remembered that felt the same way, and that I'm not sure I could anything useful with a transistor without a lot of review and smoke. Maybe I should take EE off my resume. :)

Weird post following a season where Pysyk was the superior player in every measurable way.

Weird post following a season where Pysyk was the superior player in every measurable way.

Well, yes, Pysyk's stats were superior to those of a guy who joined a new team, was hurt in preseason, missed almost half the season and never found his game -- but that's an awfully generous usage of the word "superior." 

As noted elsewhere, (i) Pysyk was the #5 defenseman on a crappy team this year, (ii) Kuli had a much better year in 2015-16 for Fla than Pysyk had this past year, and (iii) Fla just traded for Pysyk a year ago and isn't going to bother to protect him in the expansion draft.  

Well, yes, Pysyk's stats were superior to those of a guy who joined a new team, was hurt in preseason, missed almost half the season and never found his game -- but that's an awfully generous usage of the word "superior."

As noted elsewhere, (i) Pysyk was the #5 defenseman on a crappy team this year, (ii) Kuli had a much better year in 2015-16 for Fla than Pysyk had this past year, and (iii) Fla just traded for Pysyk a year ago and isn't going to bother to protect him in the expansion draft.

Pysyk scored as many points this year as Kulikov did last year, and all of his other metrics were better.

Pysyk scored as many points this year as Kulikov did last year, and all of his other metrics were better.

Except that Kuli's coach trusted him with over 25 min per game in ice time in the playoffs, as Ekblad's partner (21 in the RS), whereas Pysyk had 18 min this year on the 3rd pairing of a non-playoff team.

Except that Kuli's coach trusted him with over 25 min per game in ice time in the playoffs, as Ekblad's partner (21 in the RS), whereas Pysyk had 18 min this year on the 3rd pairing of a non-playoff team.

Banking on playoff Kulikov, eh? Tim Murray, is that you? :p

Also, seeing as this year's coach/GM traded Kulikov away for Pysyk, I think it's safe to assume Dmitry would not have had that role this season.

Kuli also had a much bigger role in the RS for Fla than Pysyk.

And look what happened to the Fla GM that traded Kuli for Pysyk.

Serious question: as between the two of them, who do you think will get more ice time next season?

Separately, the work "Pysyk" is giving seizures to my phone's autocorrect.

Kuli also had a much bigger role in the RS for Fla than Pysyk.

And look what happened to the Fla GM that traded Kuli for Pysyk.

Serious question: as between the two of them, who do you think will get more ice time next season?

Separately, the work "Pysyk" is giving seizures to my phone's autocorrect.

I think a lot depends on where they end up, but if healthy, I think it's more likely than not that Kulikov gets more ice time. I'm not sure that he should.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.