Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

Saratoga, how about we just agree that we have different views about the world and shake hands. We've probably derailed this thread enough and I can believe in my science and you can believe in your young earth and we'll both cheer for the Sabres.

Ok

Absolutely man no hard feelings at all.

Saratoga, how about we just agree that we have different views about the world and shake hands. We've probably derailed this thread enough and I can believe in my science and you can believe in your young earth and we'll both cheer for the Sabres.

Ok

That's your answer? Edited by Taro T

I wonder if DB will be pickedd up by anyone this offseason? That's something that hasn't been discussed I don't think. I do think he's a good coach, but I don't think he's able to adjust to the players that he has.

Come to think of it, he can't cause he's still under contract with us right? Or does us buying him out release him?

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

I wonder if DB will be pickedd up by anyone this offseason? That's something that hasn't been discussed I don't think. I do think he's a good coach, but I don't think he's able to adjust to the players that he has.

Come to think of it, he can't cause he's still under contract with us right? Or does us buying him out release him?

Not being able to adjust to to the players makes him a not so good coach.

For those claiming that TP has some kind of faith-based criteria for his FO/coaching candidates: pls post the specific quote, with a link.

I think there's far too much in here along the lines of "TP is religious, he said he admires McDermott's faith, he said it's important to hire people with character, and he's a simpleton, so he must think religious faith is the same as character, so he's only going to hire religious people."

It's a pretty slipshod syllogism built heavily on distrust of either or both of religion and TP.

It's also completely belied by the hiring of Rex (and I think by the firing of DDB -- IIRC, he's religious).

Not being able to adjust to to the players makes him a not so good coach.

Yeah good point. DB does seem to have to need his system in place.

That's definitely one thing I loved about Ruff, he seemed to be able to coach so many different types of Sabres teams throughout the years.

Have I mentioned that I ❤ Lindy Ruff? ☎????

Is it good? I've been meaning to give that a look.

Unless you're implicitly saying that it's so bad it rotted your brain cells?

The former. It's a movie where you have to think. You'll like it. You'll probably even understand it. Damn you.

That's definitely one thing I loved about Ruff, he seemed to be able to coach so many different types of Sabres teams throughout the years.

Have I mentioned that I ❤ Lindy Ruff? ☎????

Ruff was better at adapting. Bylsma seems much less accommodating. I also am curious about the talk that he doesn't get to know his players. That was interesting and Murray kinda backed that up.

Ruff was better at adapting. Bylsma seems much less accommodating. I also am curious about the talk that he doesn't get to know his players. That was interesting and Murray kinda backed that up.

I read somewhere recently that Malkin saw him in passing, DB said hello, and Malkin ignored him. Maybe Dan was the supervise from a distance type of boss?

I read somewhere recently that Malkin saw him in passing, DB said hello, and Malkin ignored him. Maybe Dan was the supervise from a distance type of boss?

Seems plausible. Although it also sounded like he taught his system pretty directly so maybe just an awkward person at times?

For those claiming that TP has some kind of faith-based criteria for his FO/coaching candidates: pls post the specific quote, with a link.

I think there's far too much in here along the lines of "TP is religious, he said he admires McDermott's faith, he said it's important to hire people with character, and he's a simpleton, so he must think religious faith is the same as character, so he's only going to hire religious people."

It's a pretty slipshod syllogism built heavily on distrust of either or both of religion and TP.

It's also completely belied by the hiring of Rex (and I think by the firing of DDB -- IIRC, he's religious).

While this is probably true, the fact that you even know that DDB is religious is because it was mentioned when he got hired as one of the many reasons TP favored him, just like McDermott. That's something. And it's fine. I'm sure it wasn't the only reason he hired them, but let's not pretend that it wasn't a non-issue either.

Edited by SwampD

maybe Malkin had his earbuds in.

While this is probably true, the fact that you even know that DDB is religious is because it was mentioned when he got hired as one of the many reasons TP favored him, just like McDermott. That's something. And it's fine. I'm sure it wasn't the only reason he hired, but let's not pretend that it wasn't a non-issue either.

I don't care enough to find the quote, but Terry was really awkward when he mentioned this, and it got eyebrow raises here and on Sabres hf and on two bills drive. It's fair to discuss it while being nice

Have I mentioned that I ❤ Lindy Ruff? ☎

I can't tell you how many game line ups I've seen him put together that had me saying, what on earth is he thinking here? That goes for defense pairing also. I know he drove me nuts game to game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.