Enough of Brady and the Hoodie, Time to Root for the Falcons

GASabresIUFAN

How about this comparison: Colts for a year without Manning: 2-14. Patriots for a year without Brady: 11-5.

Two counter points: 1. The colts intentionality tanked to get Luck.

2. The pats had pretty much the same team that went 16-0 the year before, so Castle was 5 whole games worse :p

I'd root for ISIS over Boston. The only time rooting for anything Boston is acceptable is rooting for them to die in a fire or be stricten with AIDS.

I'd just like to say that I'd like to double down on my previous statement and would like to request napalm at the Super Bowl parade. Watched about 4 minutes total of the game and saw the 3 straight defensive holding penalties and my blood was already boiling. Friends and family were texting me and I knew they were celebrating too early. I feel like Trump. The system feels rigged.

Now I'm kind of hoping the Bills ditch Taylor just so I have my excuse to ditch football for good.

Atlanta lost a 28 - 3 lead. Brady now has 5 Super Bowl wins. Most in history. Can argue all you want, but based on that one statistic alone he's arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game.

He's cheating.  We might not know how, but we know that he is.

My brother is a diehard Falcons fan.  Been cheering for them for years.  Sibling rivalry said that I had to cheer against the Falcons regardless of who they played.  Still feel terrible for him.  I think he's still sitting on the couch staring blankly at the tv screen.  He's on suicide watch right now :lol:

I told him now you have a taste of what Buffalo fans feel.

I told him now you have a taste of what Buffalo fans feel.

No he doesn't. Maybe a hint of a taste. After the Falcons lose 3 more in a row, he'll have a taste. Then they can go Damn near 2 decades without making the playoffs with no end in sight. No chance in your own division, no hope at all. Then maybe he'll have an inkling of how it feels.

No he doesn't. Maybe a hint of a taste. After the Falcons lose 3 more in a row, he'll have a taste. Then they can go Damn near 2 decades without making the playoffs with no end in sight. No chance in your own division, no hope at all. Then maybe he'll have an inkling of how it feels.

Hahhhahaha, true losing 4 straight hurts.  But this game was looking like a blowout for a long time.  The game was in the bag.  After that Julio catch that game should have been over.  To expect to win it all and have everything happen like that is....indescribable.  This coming from a Buffalo fan.

Peyton Manning is still the best QB of all time.

You serious?

Umm, no

100%. Statistically, it's not even close. The only thing Brady had on Manning is championships, which are a team accomplishment. I'm perfectly willing to entertain the idea that the Brady-Belichick Patriots are the greatest team of all time. But individual player? Nah. Peyton's the best.

I do not believe in crediting individual players for team accomplishments.

Hard to play the stats game when it's a different league now. If we're taking that route, just talent, it's probably Marino

I think Marino is criminally underappreciated in these conversations.

Edit: While it's hard to play a stats game historically due to changes in the game, Brady and Manning played during the same era, so comparing them on stats is absolutely fair.

Without Brady the Patriots are not the dynasty they are now. Without Manning the Colts are the Bills. If you look at the teams which dominate the NFL they all have one thing in common, an elite QB. So while winning is a team accomplishment, QB is the most important position on the team. The one constant on the Pats on the field since 2001 has been Brady and his 24-9 record in the playoffs. He has Five SuperBowl Championships and has been the MVP in four of those. That makes him the dominant player in the history of the game.

Yes Manning does have better individual stats, but he also played six games a year against the AFC South, which is a tire fire most seasons and he did have the advantage of playing in a dome for a large majority of his career.

And Marino was a phenomenal QB and a lot of fun to watch, interestingly the Bills did seem to have his number from 1987 to 1995 though.

We kicked this around pretty good once upon a thread. I think Eleven championed Marino? 

I dunno. I get the whole "championships are team accomplishments" angle, but I think that, for the overwhelming majority of casual and serious fans alike, you get into the GOAT conversation by winning playoff games and titles. By performing at a high level when the stakes are the highest. And I think that's more than fair.

Is the object of the QB position to accumulate the most gaudy passing statistics possible? If so, then the GOAT QB is probably Peyton Manning.

Is the object of the QB position to be the most pure, natural, accurate thrower of a football of all-time? If so, then the GOAT QB is probably Marino.

But I think the ultimate object of the QB position is to guide your team to as many championships as possible. Brady is the GOAT, and I just don't think there's a real argument.

Brady was his childhood hero growing up, he loves what he has done for the City of Boston and how it reveres Brady. I told him if he won one championship in Buffalo that the city would feel the same way about him. He gave me a sly grin in response. Brady has been

the one consistency on the field for the Pats for the past 15 years. He is cheering for his hometown team and his hero.

If he tweeted it after one of the one of the many wins the Pats had over the Bills, Buffalo Twitter would have a beef with him. It's not his fault that the Bills have sucked so long and he does cheer for the Bills when they are not playing his beloved Pats.

And I maybe crazy, but I actually have an admiration for New England and their dominance and I'm falsely hoping Buffalo has a quarter of their success someday

It is funny and supremely stupid for the rabble to get cheesed over Eichel celebrating the Patriots' victory. 

That's his hometown team, for crying out loud. I'd have a lot less respect for him if he tried to play it like he's all in on the Bills now.

This is not dissimilar to what the Leaf idiot-fans did with Matthews when he Twitter-applauded the US Juniors team. 

Edited by That Aud Smell

Seeing all this parade hoopla in Boston today, one phrase keeps popping into my head, "once a cheater, always a cheater."

The Patriots could win ten more Super Bowls and it wouldn't change my feelings about them. They cheated, therefore they are cheaters. It's also made worse by the fact that they (and their fans) have never come clean about it.

Maybe if there was some kind of mea culpa, I could forgive it, but all we get is, "every team cheats," or worse, silence, like it never happened.

It may not be rational. It may not even be true anymore, but it doesn't matter. This is sports. I don't have to be rational. The Patriots are cheaters and always will be.

Brady's raw passing stats now eclipse Jim Kelly's.    He has passed for ~25,000 more yards than Kelly,  and has 219 more TD passes than Kelly;  almost 2x the TD passes as Jim K.  

At 5244/8224, his completion ratio is 64% vs 60% for Kelly.  

It's astonishing - he's passed for 35 MILES during his career.   And he's still playing and still healthy.  He could easily be there another 2 or 3 seasons, even though he turns 40 this year.   

Brady's raw passing stats now eclipse Jim Kelly's.    He has passed for ~25,000 more yards than Kelly,  and has 219 more TD passes than Kelly;  almost 2x the TD passes as Jim K.  

At 5244/8224, his completion ratio is 64% vs 60% for Kelly.  

It's astonishing - he's passed for 35 MILES during his career.   And he's still playing and still healthy.  He could easily be there another 2 or 3 seasons, even though he turns 40 this year.   

Or he could die of AIDS or ass cancer tomorrow. I'll continue to hope for that.

Seeing all this parade hoopla in Boston today, one phrase keeps popping into my head, "once a cheater, always a cheater."

The Patriots could win ten more Super Bowls and it wouldn't change my feelings about them. They cheated, therefore they are cheaters. It's also made worse by the fact that they (and their fans) have never come clean about it.

Maybe if there was some kind of mea culpa, I could forgive it, but all we get is, "every team cheats," or worse, silence, like it never happened.

It may not be rational. It may not even be true anymore, but it doesn't matter. This is sports. I don't have to be rational. The Patriots are cheaters and always will be.

Yup. They're just a huge asterisk in my mind. It's that way for a lot of people I know, too. Most Boston fans don't care that their team isn't seen as legitimate by many people. I'm not sure I would. But I know a couple that actually get upset that they can't rib me about my football team because it doesn't phase me because of what theirs has done. It stings them, just a little bit, that there's that shadow over their team. Granted, they're fans that could actually name more than 2 pre-Brady-era Patriots players.

I wish the bills were cheaters.

Feck's sake. EVERY TEAM cheats in a manner similar to what the Pats do. Some do it more than others. Some do it better than others.

I don't buy this for a second. I highly doubt EVERY TEAM in the league recorded the practices and walk throughs of their opponents, deflated footballs after they had been checked by the officials, or tampered with the head sets of the opposing team whenever they're at home. And that's the stuff they've either been caught doing or gotten rat out for doing. We have no idea what others things they are doing that either haven't been discovered or has already been swept under the rug by the league.

I don't buy this for a second. I highly doubt EVERY TEAM in the league recorded the practices and walk throughs of their opponents, deflated footballs after they had been checked by the officials, or tampered with the head sets of the opposing team whenever they're at home. And that's the stuff they've either been caught doing or gotten rat out for doing. We have no idea what others things they are doing that either haven't been discovered or has already been swept under the rug by the league.

I hear you. I think the Patriots do more cheating, and more effective cheating than most of the league's other teams. But I think every team pushes the envelope in in its own ways.

Feck's sake. EVERY TEAM cheats in a manner similar to what the Pats do. Some do it more than others. Some do it better than others.

Of course they do. I wasn't saying that like I think the bills are playing it straight. I'm saying it like a beaten down man who cheers for a team that will never be 1/10 of what the patriots are.

If we want to feel better about Brady, go here and check the post season stats

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_career.htm

Peyton Manning has EIGHTY THREE more playoff game TD passes than Brady.  I don't think he'll ever hit number one in that stat.  Brady is 4th.

And check out the other stats in the pull down -

Brett Favre has the most completed playoff game completed passes - 1056 more than Brady.  I doubt Brady at 40 will even come close to achieving this.

Playoff passing yards - Peyton Manning has 10,500 more yards than Brady.   No way does Brady catch up to this either.

We could argue, based on playoff stats that Manning is the greatest QB of all time. 

If we want to feel better about Brady, go here and check the post season stats

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_career.htm

Peyton Manning has EIGHTY THREE more playoff game TD passes than Brady. I don't think he'll ever hit number one in that stat. Brady is 4th.

And check out the other stats in the pull down -

Brett Favre has the most completed playoff game completed passes - 1056 more than Brady. I doubt Brady at 40 will even come close to achieving this.

Playoff passing yards - Peyton Manning has 10,500 more yards than Brady. No way does Brady catch up to this either.

We could argue, based on playoff stats that Manning is the greatest QB of all time.

But 5 rings are heavier than 2. So that backhanded bitch slap that Brady gives us every year hurts more.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.