2017 NHL Trade listings and comments

North Buffalo

So Fillipula vetoed a trade to Toronto.

Because Toronto?

I wonder if the fans in TO are flagellating themselves like Buffalo fans would be if this happened to us?

He played 8 seasons under Babock in Detroit, maybe he doesn't like the coach?

That could be an indication that he really doesn't like Babcock (who was his coach the entire time he played for Detroyit).

Possible. But he may also look at Stamkos, Drouin, Hedman, etc vs. Toronto's crew and figure within the timeframe of his career he'd just as soon take his chances in Tampa and enjoy the weather and no state income tax. 

Tar and feather me if you wish, but Toronto is an awful place to live and work.  I've done it and hated it.  My apologies to anyone out there in Sabrespace living in TO. I don't count Derrico as a Torontonian.

Sounds like what DC has become, traffic intolerable... armed camp due to terrorist concerns, self important politicians and poorely planned roads for expanding communities...

Edited by North Buffalo

Could be. I hadn't considered that.

Filppula free-agented away from Detroit without being traded as a rental which may be a sign they were interested in re-signing him.  Perhaps he just wanted to get away from Babcock's style.

He played 8 seasons under Babock in Detroit, maybe he doesn't like the coach?

Yeah.  Interesting thought.

That could be an indication that he really doesn't like Babcock (who was his coach the entire time he played for Detroyit).

Filppula free-agented away from Detroit without being traded as a rental which may be a sign they were interested in re-signing him.  Perhaps he just wanted to get away from Babcock's style.

Why would they have traded him away as a rental when they were always in the playoffs?

Possible. But he may also look at Stamkos, Drouin, Hedman, etc vs. Toronto's crew and figure within the timeframe of his career he'd just as soon take his chances in Tampa and enjoy the weather and no state income tax. 

That could also be a big part of it.

Why would they have traded him away as a rental when they were always in the playoffs?

I dunno.  It's been so long since we've been in there, I forgot how that works.  :cry:

Yeah.  Interesting thought.

I remember some fan scuttlebutt when that happened- people were really down on him. He wanted more money (5 million a season) and Detroit wouldn't pay it. Tampa would. So he went. I don't know if it has any bearing, but the lockout had just happened and he'd played for Jokerit during that. Maybe decided he needed a shakeup? 

Dwight King from LAK to MTL for a 4th.

King is a nice 3rd/4th line piece, he's a big body and uses it on the forecheck to create turnovers.

Him and Ott together should help their checking game.

Edited by pi2000

Dwight King for a 4th in 2018. 

So based on recent deals Gionta should be worth a 3rd, Kulikov at least a 3rd, and Franson...a 4th or 5th? 

Obviously could be more involved than that with more assets. 

I am not all that excited about those valuations but might as well get something....right Tim?!?!?

Giona better not be traded

I don't have a strong opinion on this either way but I'm simply guessing what his valuation would be in the market. 

I can see the pros and cons of moving him or keeping him. It's not like Kulikov who should be moved for sure. 

Tim Murray deadline day:

Halak, 3rd for Neuvirth and Klesla

Moulson, McCormick for Mitchell and two 2nds.

McNabb, Parker and two 2nds for Deslauriers and Fasching

Stewart for a second

Mitchell for a seventh and Jack Nevins

Neuvirth for Johnson and. 3rd

Flynn for a 5th

McGinn for a 3rd

Yep, overall yawn.  No Sabres team improvement seen from any of those trades.

Like his first deadline when he traded Miller and Ott for Stewart, Halak, Carrier, a third and a first five days before the deadline?

Or his second when he made the Kane trade two and a half weeks before the deadline?

Last year's deadline was a dud and this year's is shaping up to be.  We need help now or soon and he doesn't seem capable of getting it.  

And your and my opinion of the Kane trade varies dramatically.  He's not even worth a fraction of what Murray paid for him at his highest on ice apex.  Oh, and we are saddled with another 3 years and $15+ million for Bogo as part of Murray's mastery.

The point remains that in my opinion he waits too long to make moves at the deadline and the deals he does make are subpar.

Wait really?

Yes. They were cracking about their bodies not being what they used to and Bryz goes "shirts off! Let the fans vote. We'll all be topless" (all men, btw). 

Just general silly Bryzness happening. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.