The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

I want someone to explain to me how hospital capacity was at 103 per cent two months ago in my province and today it is less than 60. I understand how and why they did it. I don’t understand why they think hospitals should be overcrowded during “normal” times when they don’t need to be.

$$$

More patients admitted, the more money they can bill for. 

It doesn't hurt that we're a terribly unhealthy country on top of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Pizza Plant by the arena okay?

Closed and I am not happy.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

$$$

More patients admitted, the more money they can bill for. 

It doesn't hurt that we're a terribly unhealthy country on top of it. 

@dudacek is talking about a different system.  He is Canadian.

Edited by Eleven

18 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Ah that's right, I'm sure it comes down to the dollar at the end of the day.....reimbursement for the hospital still has to partially be a thing there 

You are correct.  The system in Canada is exactly the same as in the US, except in who pays for it and that we usually can't get the needed care / treatments in a reasonable time frame.

20 hours ago, Taro T said:

No.  Not at all.

We were set to be open but not allow people in the main clubhouse - they'd have to stay on their sites, which is fine.  But now, apparently even that isn't allowable.

It is VERY easy to stay within the recommended social distancing guidelines while still getting some fresh air.

Supposedly there's a $10,000 fine associated with violating the order.

This JUST came down today.  Hopefully this won't affect your plans, but who knows.

Really hoping you can still take your trip.

You have a campground?  How did I not know this?  Do tell.

23 hours ago, Taro T said:

No.  Not at all.

We were set to be open but not allow people in the main clubhouse - they'd have to stay on their sites, which is fine.  But now, apparently even that isn't allowable.

It is VERY easy to stay within the recommended social distancing guidelines while still getting some fresh air.

Supposedly there's a $10,000 fine associated with violating the order.

This JUST came down today.  Hopefully this won't affect your plans, but who knows.

Really hoping you can still take your trip.

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Wow. I didn’t even put this together. Where is it and have I been there before? I camp in WNY every year somewhere.

5 hours ago, LTS said:

Well, it's not like it's "my" campground.  ~70 site campground on the shore of one of the Finger Lakes.  Primarily set up for trailers, so it isn't quite like roughing it in tents.  Except for a handful of sites by the waterfront everybody has a camper.  Most leave them there year round.  Have a boat launch, a crane for the few members that have sailboats to launch out to the mooring field, pool, and clubhouse with bar & bartender on weekend nights.  About 40% of the members have boat hoists, the rest with boats just use the launch. 

Let me know if you ever want to check it out.

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Wow. I didn’t even put this together. Where is it and have I been there before? I camp in WNY every year somewhere.

Doubt you've been there.  But if you're in the Finger Lakes and want to check it out, you're more than welcome.  (Assuming anything ever gets to reopen.)

Have some very good parties too.  Have about 7 major ones each season, and there's usually somebody willing to have a beer or 2 dozen if there isn't one going on. ?

9 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, it's not like it's "my" campground.  ~70 site campground on the shore of one of the Finger Lakes.  Primarily set up for trailers, so it isn't quite like roughing it in tents.  Except for a handful of sites by the waterfront everybody has a camper.  Most leave them there year round.  Have a boat launch, a crane for the few members that have sailboats to launch out to the mooring field, pool, and clubhouse with bar & bartender on weekend nights.  About 40% of the members have boat hoists, the rest with boats just use the launch. 

Let me know if you ever want to check it out.

Doubt you've been there.  But if you're in the Finger Lakes and want to check it out, you're more than welcome.  (Assuming anything ever gets to reopen.)

Have some very good parties too.  Have about 7 major ones each season, and there's usually somebody willing to have a beer or 2 dozen if there isn't one going on. ?

Do you try to get the town to pay for chasing the geese away, as well?

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Canan friggin' daigua?  Not exactly.  That lake is waaaaay too expensive and even more over crowded.

It’s the only one I can think of that has mooring fields. Hmmm,... It’s not Skaneateles cuz that’s even more expensive,... Honeyoye’s too shallow for sailing,... Seneca or Cayuga?

And Silver Lake is not a Finger lake.

19 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It’s the only one I can think of that has mooring fields. Hmmm,... It’s not Skaneateles cuz that’s even more expensive,... Honeyoye’s too shallow for sailing,... Seneca or Cayuga?

And Silver Lake is not a Finger lake.

Correct, correct, well played, correct. ?