GDT: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:00 PM ET, 11/05/2017

Doohickie

I wasn't able to catch the first two periods and only part of the 3rd due to broadcast issues; as a result, I didn't get to see how well the Sabres adjusted to Bogo being gone.

Does it look like Nelson is here to stay for a while?

We don't have much of a choice. Nelson basically has to get better. It's the only option.

I wasn't able to catch the first two periods and only part of the 3rd due to broadcast issues; as a result, I didn't get to see how well the Sabres adjusted to Bogo being gone.

I thought Franson would get more mins.

Because they have no other viable options.

I'm at a birthday party without a tv. Sounds like I missed a good one.

Actually, it was kind of a clunker.  It's just that the Sabres won, mostly because Lehner was awesome until the Sabres woke up.  He had about 4-5 saves that looked like sure Ottawa goals.

I didn't pay that much attention, but Carrier didn't do anything that looked bad to me, and I noticed him positively a couple of times.

Carrier was instrumental in the winning goal. Kept possession on the entry

I thought Franson would get more mins.

Unless there is a trade, he's here for the next month.

They have to get Kulikov w/ Ristolainen though before Bogosian comes back. Giving Gorges 1st pairing duty w/ Franson or Nelson getting effectively 2nd pairing duty will be too much to do playing every other day for the next 2 weeks (at minimum).

Kuli/Risto 25 minutes each. Franson/forward each getting 2 minutes pp time gives 33 minutes per game for pairings 2&3 to cover. That's doable.

One thing I really like about the first goal was the 5-6 pass cycle going on in the corner and along the sidewall. It's simple hockey like that tires out defense and leads to drawing penalties or in this case grindy goals. Love it.

Definitely sustained pressure leading up to it.

That bad?

They both seem to have some NHL experience, and I think Falk had some post season games.

Did we inherit them as baggage as part of a trade?

We're in sad shape if Nelson is the extent of our depth.

I think TM needed some guys for the A in a pinch and these guys had the potential to be two way. From what I've seen of them in the A, I'd leave them both where they are and look for an upgrade next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.