GDT: Buffalo at Winnipeg, 3:00 PM ET, 10/30/2016

Doohickie

I can't believe Dudacek hasn't shown up yet to defend Foligno's honor. Where art thou, Dudacek?

I will eternally have a soft spot for Marcus, as he scored the game winner in the first Sabres win I had ever seen in person (and I had been to a ton of games over the years- losses) last season when the Sabres were in Winnipeg. It may not seem like much, and I can still analyze his game without being clouded by it, but for me it was a memorable moment I'll always cherish.

Edited by Thorny

Huh. Based on your written voice alone I'd have never guessed that. Oh, you're from Texas? Nevermind.

My attempt at humor wasn't meant for you nor was I meaning to hit one of your buttons, apologies if it was taken that way.

Edited by jsb

scary good or scary bad?

he hasn't been playing as well as expected.

I mean scary as in he was the one consistently coming the closest to picking our defense/goalie apart when I was paying attention to who was doing so. I think he's really good, and had an average game, because a "good" Scheifele game can beat any team in the league

Huh. Based on your written voice alone I'd have never guessed that. Oh, you're from Texas? Nevermind.

Hey guys, let's just chill.  And bear in mind that the majority of Sabres fans everywhere have WNY roots.  jsb is actually the only poster from SabreSpace I've met in person.

scary good or scary bad?

I'd take Scheifele in a second. I didn't notice him so much yesterday (I was paying more attention to the Sabres), but in general he strikes me as a hard worker with a lot of talent.

Hey guys, let's just chill.  And bear in mind that the majority of Sabres fans everywhere have WNY roots.  jsb is actually the only poster from SabreSpace I've met in person.

I'd take Scheifele in a second. I didn't notice him so much yesterday (I was paying more attention to the Sabres), but in general he strikes me as a hard worker with a lot of talent.

On your first point ... what's he look like?

And on your second point ...

EHLERS!!

:flirt:

Dude, relax. Lets not pretend that this board hasn't been riddled with overly reactionary fandom since the season started. No need for nasty, especially in a GDT in which we actually won.

On your first point ... what's he look like?

And on your second point ...

EHLERS!!

:flirt:

jsb? Have you ever seen one of those marble statues of a Greek god?....

Ehlers too.

Looks out window, doesn't see any women, gets back to typing.

:D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Wow, they played like a REAL team last weekend!   Great stuff to see!   With both Florida and Winnipeg, the defensive effort was excellent -  they consistently kept breaking up any offensive rushes into their zone - they left their opponents very few clean rushes on the goal.   And they gave a full 60 minutes effort in each game - they didn't sit on their heels when they got a lead like they did in that Philly game

Very pleased.  ZERO complaints.  I'm still LOLing about Reinhart's 'assist' to Pysyk.    He should have only got 1 point vs 2.  :)  

Of course the reality is these weren't world beater teams in the standings - mid tier in the league - although both teams have better records than Buffalo so it's an accomplishment!   And 4 clean points back to back without Eichel.  Let's see if they can play like they did on the weekend today against Minnesota, or if the Wild have too much talent for them.    Fingers crossed!      

scary good or scary bad?

Thorburn, Thornton same guy either way right? :rolleyes: Must have been auto correct

My perception is that Foligno and Armia played a roughly similar game.  Both belong at the NHL level, and both seem like they should be capable of more than they've shown.

I don't understand this. I see those two guys and see no comparable between the two. Big boys yes but they use that entirely different. I don't believe you will ever see Armia drop the gloves and rock someone sticking up for a teammate. Do you?

Wow, they played like a REAL team last weekend!   Great stuff to see!   With both Florida and Winnipeg, the defensive effort was excellent -  they consistently kept breaking up any offensive rushes into their zone - they left their opponents very few clean rushes on the goal.   And they gave a full 60 minutes effort in each game - they didn't sit on their heels when they got a lead like they did in that Philly game

Very pleased.  ZERO complaints.  I'm still LOLing about Reinhart's 'assist' to Pysyk.    He should have only got 1 point vs 2.   :)  

Of course the reality is these weren't world beater teams in the standings - mid tier in the league - although both teams have better records than Buffalo so it's an accomplishment!   And 4 clean points back to back without Eichel.  Let's see if they can play like they did on the weekend today against Minnesota, or if the Wild have too much talent for them.    Fingers crossed!      

I'm not big on taking credit away from Sam there, even though it was a very lucky bounce. He knows what can happen when stuff like that happens, and he did a nice little hesitation thing to make Pysyk unsure of what he was going to do. 

I don't understand this. I see those two guys and see no comparable between the two. Big boys yes but they use that entirely different. I don't believe you will ever see Armia drop the gloves and rock someone sticking up for a teammate. Do you?

I didn't see Foligno dropping his gloves.  Did you?

I didn't see Foligno dropping his gloves.  Did you?

Were you comparing Foligno to Armia just in that game or in general? Regardless I've never seen Armia lift a finger and I just can't compare the two players. Did I miss something?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.