Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

15 hours ago, Weave said:

The hairs on my forearm stood on end watching today’s episode.  So good.

That episode is one of the best hour of "TV" I have seen in a long time. The entire series has been exceptional, but that episode is something else. When it was over we just sat there last night and absorbed it. Probably catching our breath that we didn't realize we were holding. (metaphorically)

I'm going to catch the latest episode after tonight's game. It's pretty impressive that since the prologue/setup episodes (say 1-2), every episode has been better than the last. And the first episodes were fine, too. Just keep the hidden Jedi, lightsabers, Vader, inquisitors, etc... keep them all hidden. No teaser at the end of season 1 that Vader is now assigned to the hunt. It's not worth it. Keep expanding the galaxy.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, drnkirishone said:

*****en Andor! You all need to watch the damn show. So damned good. Season 2 can't get here soon enough.

Currently doing a rewatch of the films. 7 down, 2 to go. Going swell. *MIGHT* check out a couple of the shows after for the first time 

58 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Currently doing a rewatch of the films. 7 down, 2 to go. Going swell. *MIGHT* check out a couple of the shows after for the first time 

I am not sure if you should save andor for last or just watch it whenever.... it is so good it might lessen other star wars media for you.

7 down to 2 to go? Skipping anything not Skywalker saga?

Edited by drnkirishone
Added Skywalker saga
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

I am not sure if you should save andor for last or just watch it whenever.... it is so good it might lessen other star wars media for you.

7 down to 2 to go? Skipping anything not Skywalker saga?

I might watch Rogue One and Solo, I just traditionally do a rewatch of the main saga once a year 

Sometimes it’s a marathon, this time just a regular rewatch though 

13 hours ago, Thorny said:

1 Revenge of the Sith

2 The Empire Strikes Back

3 A New Hope

4 Attack of the Clones

5 The Force Awakens

6 Return of the Jedi 

7 The Phantom Menace 

^ my ranking through 7. Feel free to tear it apart 

Nah, there's too much toxic fandom in the world especially in SW. You do you and rank 'em however you enjoy them. One might say: you must rank what you feel is right, of course.

• Like (+1) 1

I watched Draft Day.  It was kinda fun if you suspend reality the idea that the actual trades didn’t make much sense.

I watched Many Saints of Newark.  I thought it would be better.

I watched The Inventor, the Elizabeth Holmes documentary.  It was interesting and good.

19 minutes ago, Curt said:

I watched Draft Day.  It was kinda fun if you suspend reality the idea that the actual trades didn’t make much sense.

I watched Many Saints of Newark.  I thought it would be better.

I watched The Inventor, the Elizabeth Holmes documentary.  It was interesting and good.

You really are stuck at home, eh.

In between all the football you managed to watch all that.  WOW !!

5 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Nah, there's too much toxic fandom in the world especially in SW. You do you and rank 'em however you enjoy them. One might say: you must rank what you feel is right, of course.

Oh darn I was all ready to respond with, “laugh it up, fuzz ball!” 

- - -

I dunno what the hell happened to me but Attack of the Clones is growing on me over time. So much of my rankings though of the 3 series I love, Harry Potter lord of the rings and Star Wars come down to the particular mood I’m in when I watch am individual film. Ever shifting, I suppose it’s splitting hairs for me at times.

But if you are in the right mood, Anakin’s pursuit into Tusken territory is strikingly poignant and “..but by our skills with a lightsaber” is riveting. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Thorny said:

Had another viewing of the lord of the rings trilogy, theatrical. Truly is THE trilogy, viewed in one go. Fellowship might be the best film, but Return of the King is unparalleled spectacle.

Are you talking about the extended editions?

I always hated the new Lord of the Rings until these came out. They are great.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Are you talking about the extended editions?

I always hated the new Lord of the Rings until these came out. They are great.

I love the extended versions too, as a big lotr fan. But I do find the theatrical versions to be the superior cuts of the films. I more/less alternate my viewings.

Your prefer the extended?  I know that’s most fans. Is that coming from the point of view of a fan of the books? 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I love the extended versions too, as a big lotr fan. But I do find the theatrical versions to be the superior cuts of the films. I more/less alternate my viewings.

Your prefer the extended?  I know that’s most fans. Is that coming from the point of view of a fan of the books? 

I watch the theatrical versions and I have no idea what is going on,… and I read the books,… several times.😂 They just leave too much out for my liking.

I find the extended versions to have more of a similar pacing to the books. Definitely like them better.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I randomly watched "Gone Baby Gone" on HBO a few days ago.  I was surprised at how good it was.  Solid A-minus.  Casey Affleck is a great actor and Ben is a really good director.

Literally mixed this up in my mind with “Gone Girl” lol so disregard my deleted post if you read it. maybe the titles and the fact affleck is involved in both. Gone Baby Gone was excellent. Gone Girl was actually pretty good too. 

Have you seen Argo? 

Edited by Thorny

46 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Literally mixed this up in my mind with “Gone Girl” lol so disregard my deleted post if you read it. maybe the titles and the fact affleck is involved in both. Gone Baby Gone was excellent. Gone Girl was actually pretty good too. 

Have you seen Argo? 

Yes -- Argo was outstanding (as was The Town).  Ben A. has such a great touch as director -- it's hard to reconcile with his acting, or at least with his choice of roles.