Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Either a plane or hang a sign from one of the naval vessels in the harbor.

How about from the Skyway over the green space next to the F'N center?

Yes, because ROR is actually top 5 in the league at this skill

I think he won something like 15 of 20 against the Islanders, right? (I heard that as I was working)

With his history he should get 5 games but he won't get those.    And that is without all the times he got away with it.

Think he already has like 7 fines + suspensions.

He'll get a vacation for the rest of the regular season and that's it.  

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ruff go to Florida

do you not think Lindy's style or system is exactly like Blysma's? outdated defensive thing that has their team try to get a early lead then hang on for dear life, which of course we know just doesn;t work in he NHL now...did at one time, where you could get a goal or two and trap the rest of the night but the league is far too open and offense is the name of the game now so even a 3 or 4 goal lead is not safe anymore

Well at least its a start, bigger suspension next time

This is I think his fourth suspension. He is a well-known repeat offender. Risto gets 3 for his first ever offense. I can't stand the way the league continues to kiss Boston's ass!!! If it was that ginger (name escapes me) who used to play for Buffalo, Edm and SJ? he woulda been banned from the NHL.

This is I think his fourth suspension. He is a well-known repeat offender. Risto gets 3 for his first ever offense. I can't stand the way the league continues to kiss Boston's ass!!! If it was that ginger (name escapes me) who used to play for Buffalo, Edm and SJ? he woulda been banned from the NHL.

He's been fined or suspended 7 times.

I don't see how Crosby's spear is ANY different than this one.

Maybe if Buffalo started winning and developing a more national following, like Pens, Hawks etc, we'd start to get preferential treatment

The NHL is a bush league in so many ways, you just need to learn to live with it

He's been fined or suspended 7 times.

I don't see how Crosby's spear is ANY different than this one.

If anything Crosby's was worse as he did it from directly behind ROR. A spear to someone's marbles should be a mandatory 5 games. Make it the same for everyone. That is the dirtiest play IMO.

do you not think Lindy's style or system is exactly like Blysma's? outdated defensive thing that has their team try to get a early lead then hang on for dear life, which of course we know just doesn;t work in he NHL now...did at one time, where you could get a goal or two and trap the rest of the night but the league is far too open and offense is the name of the game now so even a 3 or 4 goal lead is not safe anymore

I haven't watched Lindy since he's been gone, is it still his system? Even here, he was somewhat adept at reading the league and players to find something that worked. Dallas' 5-on-5 CF% is exactly 50% right now, so it's not like he's playing an excessively dump and chase game.

I haven't watched Lindy since he's been gone, is it still his system? Even here, he was somewhat adept at reading the league and players to find something that worked. Dallas' 5-on-5 CF% is exactly 50% right now, so it's not like he's playing an excessively dump and chase game.

Lindy's teams still definitely turtle with a lead, but his system is absolute not defensive (and it wasn't with the Sabres either for the last 7ish years). It's a modern system focused on puck moving defensemen and aggression from the blue line. How anyone can think Ruff is a defensive coach is beyond me--he's an offensive coach, and if anything, the aggression he demands from his blue line actually leaves his goaltenders exposed. One major reason Dallas fell off this year is they lost Goligoski and Demers, without viable replacements.

It never was.

I can't wait until the Leafs slip next year.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are set up to be good for a long time, but I also think the law of big jump followed by a misstep is going to hold true for them next year.

You, my friend, are in deep denial about just how good the Leafs are and how we'll they're set up going forward. They're in great cap shape with 4 horrid contracts coming off the books this summer, and 2 others stashed on LTIR (granted makes offseason maneuvering trickier, but with their stars on ELCs or sweetheart long term deals, it won't be too problematic), a top-3 coach in the league, and a really smart front office. 

You, my friend, are in deep denial about just how good the Leafs are and how we'll they're set up going forward. They're in great cap shape with 4 horrid contracts coming off the books this summer, and 2 others stashed on LTIR (granted makes offseason maneuvering trickier, but with their stars on ELCs or sweetheart long term deals, it won't be too problematic), a top-3 coach in the league, and a really smart front office.

Yeah, but just this once don't you want me to be right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.