What Is Buffalo's Next Move?

WildCard

I'm not sure we should make another move. I may be putting too much stock into the upcoming expansion, but the way I see it, if we acquire anyone worth getting, they would be plucked anyhow.

We will have to leave either one or both of Moulson, Ennis as forwards by the look of it, a contract dump of sorts for Ennis unless he shows signs of positivity this year. Adding another skilled forward and we lose a skilled forward.

Defense we have to protect Bogosian, which is a shame. Risto and McCabe I would think get protected, so we potentially lose Kulikov. Ducks are trading Fowler for the same reason we shouldn't pick him up.

It might mean missing the playoffs by a hair this season, but ultimately I think we waited too long to lose assets because we couldn't wait another year.

Kulikov is a UFA after this season. No need to protect him. Bogo, Risto, McCabe are our 3 protected D-men. I think if we sign Vesey we really have to re-evaluate our lineup. All of this Fowler talk I think is ridiculous he is over-rated and has horrible analytics, his only plus is his cap hit and that isnt the kind of player I would be interested in. I would look to try and pry Lindholm free with any combo of Ennis, Bogo, Girgensons, Foligno, Moulson, a second level prospect, our extra second rounder in 2017. If the deal didn't involve Bogo that would require a second move to stop us from losing him for nothing in an expansion draft. It all depends on Vesey. We have too many guys ready to crack the lineup. Also Gorges has two more years left on his deal. Only Franson and Gionta are UFA after the season. So to sum it up use our plethora of forwards to reel in Lindholm and Use Bogo to add a prospect and picks that would help replace the Kulikov rental.

Kulikov is a UFA after this season. No need to protect him. Bogo, Risto, McCabe are our 3 protected D-men. I think if we sign Vesey we really have to re-evaluate our lineup. All of this Fowler talk I think is ridiculous he is over-rated and has horrible analytics, his only plus is his cap hit and that isnt the kind of player I would be interested in. I would look to try and pry Lindholm free with any combo of Ennis, Bogo, Girgensons, Foligno, Moulson, a second level prospect, our extra second rounder in 2017. If the deal didn't involve Bogo that would require a second move to stop us from losing him for nothing in an expansion draft. It all depends on Vesey. We have too many guys ready to crack the lineup. Also Gorges has two more years left on his deal. Only Franson and Gionta are UFA after the season. So to sum it up use our plethora of forwards to reel in Lindholm and Use Bogo to add a prospect and picks that would help replace the Kulikov rental.

Hoping to extend Kulikov.. Vesey would be exempt I think(someone please clarify). I just think it's likely we don't do much more until next offseason

If that's all it would take to get Lindholm, I would love it, but if Anaheim was asking for 8th Overall for Fowler, any package for Lindholm probably starts with Reinhart. NFW GMTM does that.

You won't get Lindholm with a huge pile of meh like that. Start with Reinhart.

If Vesey doesn't sign, or Murray comes out of the meeting not confident he will, this team could still use another winger. If I see one more lineup with Moulson I'm going to vomit. I'm still in favor of Nash, or even a Hudler type vet signing. The problem is after RFAs, we're pretty tight against the cap (at least if Nash is the target). Any ideas on something relatively cheap that can play some minutes?

Edited by TrueBlueGED

If Vesey doesn't sign, or Murray comes out of the meeting not confident he will, this team could still use another winger. If I see one more lineup with I'm going to vomit. I'm still in favor of Nash, or even a Hudler type vet signing. The problem is after RFAs, we're pretty tight against the cap (at least if Nash is the target). Any ideas on something relatively cheap that can play some minutes?

If no Vesey, I exect that Zemgus will get every chance early to show he can become Eichel's winger. It would leave us needing at least a bottom 6 C/LW.

If no Vesey, I exect that Zemgus will get every chance early to show he can become Eichel's winger. It would leave us needing at least a bottom 6 C/LW.

Makes sense. I would be very happy to see Zemgus get an extended look there. Any options left for 3rd line duty? Seems a lot of those guys got signed already. Maybe Carrier gets a look there.

The certainties for top 6 right now are O'Reilly, Okposo, Eichel and Reinhart. Without Vesey, we still have Ennis and Kane that can play top 6. If Girgensons slides up to top 6, one of those 2 would slide down. We don't necessarily have to bring anyone else in for top 6, unless we are looking to upgrade on Kane and Ennis, which certainly could be a possibility.

Like Hoss says, there are options if not Vesey. I wouldn't mind someone like Hudler. But they likely wouldn't even be playing top 6, if Kane and Ennis play up to standard.

Edited by Thorny

O'Reilly, Eichel, Reinhart, Okposo, Kane, and Ennis could be a perfeclty capable playoff team top 6, especially if Ennis fully rebounds.

I don't want to see Girgensens patrolling the 4th line though. He has too much game to be relegated to 8-10 minutes. I want a vet 4th line center for Foligno and Moulson/Deslaurier.

I am rapidly convincing myself that we dontneed Vesey as much as we need a 4th line center.

O'Reilly, Eichel, Reinhart, Okposo, Kane, and Ennis could be a perfeclty capable playoff team top 6, especially if Ennis fully rebounds.

I don't want to see Girgensens patrolling the 4th line though. He has too much game to be relegated to 8-10 minutes. I want a vet 4th line center for Foligno and Moulson/Deslaurier.

I am rapidly convincing myself that we dontneed Vesey as much as we need a 4th line center.

Not open to 82 patrolling center ice on the 4th line?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.