C dy H dgs n not qualfied

dudacek

...to play hockey or as a restricted free agent.

Probably not worth its own thread, but people seem to want more, so have at it.

Is his career over? What went wrong?

Yes his career is over.

What went wrong? In my professional opinion, his problem was quite simple. He just needed to stop sucking, and he couldn't do that.

Edited by pi2000

Yes his career is over.

What went wrong? In my professional opinion, his problem was quite simple. He just needed to stop sucking, and he couldn't do that.

Over/under on how long it takes for him to start looking and living like the guy in your avatar?

...to play hockey or as a restricted free agent.

Probably not worth its own thread, but people seem to want more, so have at it.

Is his career over? What went wrong?

Nothing went wrong, he got as far as he did on talent alone. When it came to a point where he needed to bring more to the rink than just talent, he couldn't or didn't know how. 

Hodgson was a big-time hockey player at 18.  Then he hurt his back.  My theory is, if he had complained about how much his back hurt, he wouldn't have got the last 2 contracts he got, so he toughed it out.  Millions of dollars are hard to pass up. It's not about lack of talent, or effort, or anything else, his body just couldn't do it.

Hodgson was a big-time hockey player at 18.  Then he hurt his back.  My theory is, if he had complained about how much his back hurt, he wouldn't have got the last 2 contracts he got, so he toughed it out.  Millions of dollars are hard to pass up. It's not about lack of talent, or effort, or anything else, his body just couldn't do it.

I'm not sure how many have lived with back pain here, but I can assure you that when you have it - it affects every move you make.

I don't doubt for a second the difficulty of living with back pain.

Is it just speculation that Hodgson was living with it? He seemed well enough when he was doing those offseason workouts with Gary Roberts.

The Cody Hodgson Sucks memes are fun, but players don't usually drop off the face of the earth after 34 points in 48 games and 44 points in 72 games. It had to be more than sucking. Maybe he got sick of powering through the pain? Maybe the pain got worse?

I don't doubt for a second the difficulty of living with back pain.

Is it just speculation that Hodgson was living with it? He seemed well enough when he was doing those offseason workouts with Gary Roberts.

Hodgson was very upset with Vancouver about his back. If I remember right, he was going to his own doctor because Vancouver was telling him he was fine, and he was telling them he wasn't.

There was also a thread where X and Drane (who agreed on nothing else) agreed that Hodgson looked like a 40 year old Rick Vaive, who famously played past when his body allowed him to play

God almighty. I don't necessarily fault Darcy for acquiring him. But then he extended him for -- what, 6 years? And then the team (Gibby!) created that awkward video press release with Hodgson looking like a hostage reading from his captors' script.

Someone had to again bring up that cringeworthy "vine" video :p

It's so awkward to see now, little did both parties know what was going to happen. When I see it I get a slight tinge of sadness that it didn't work out, I remember feeling very hopeful.

It would also be fairly sad/disappointing if it really was his back that torpedoed his career.

Edited by Thorny

The thread title needs to be changed. If the performance of Cody Hodgson warrants that he doesn't deserve to have the letter O in his name then he certainly doesn't deserve to have the letter D in it either.

Cy Hgsn should be his name.

Edited by Drunkard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.