Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

I honestly think it comes down to Chicago, or Buffalo. I think (hope) he will sign with us due to our cap space, our front office, and the fact he will get a chance to play with Jack, and Sam. If he signs elsewhere, Whatever.  Go Sabres!!!.

Edited by DirtDart

Everything is awesome...stupid commercial cant get it outta my head now and it come to mind when I think about this. I wonder if Detroit's pitch included the fact they went out and signed Vanek in the off season. Or Otter.

That damn song is going to drive me nuts! 

NYC has:

- the best food in the world, and it's not even close.

- the best professional opportunities in the world in just about every profession other than manufacturing and farming.

- the best nightlife in the world.

- the best theater in the world (if you're into that sort of thing).

- the best art, literature, architecture and public transit in the US.

- the most international residents in the US across multiple professions and nations of origin.

The above qualities are all more or less objective.

Here's a subjective one:  NYC also has the most interesting, funny, accomplished and ambitious people in the world.

There are a million hassles associated with living in NYC, and it's certainly not for everyone.  But pretending that it's just like any other big city is just that -- pretending. 

He did you hoser.

Beat me to it.

It's the "or at least the piece you want" that is critical here.  I agree that you can find some measure of most (not all) of one or 2 of NYC's qualities in other cities.  DC has great museums; Boston and Savannah have great architecture; New Orleans and Miami have great food (with limits on the types of excellent cuisine); LA has beautiful people; Chicago has a great lake front, etc. etc.  But no other city comes close to combining all of NYC's qualities.

And you can't get a 600SF apartment unless you make $200K a year. And that's assuming you won't need the parking space that costs $75,000. 

With that said, if I were rich I would most likely have a place in NYC. That's assuming I was rich enough to have at least three places. 

I'd put Miami's beautiful people up against LA any day! t1569.gif

The biggest issue I see with NJ is that they are bereft of talent. Everywhere minus Hall who I think plays the same position so how is that going to work?

Define work. If you are looking at it from Vesey's pov, he would be a cornerstone who would have the opportunity to earn a big payday in 2 years. Henrique is a good center and they have a franchise goaltender. Their rebuild might not take long and he would be a key part. Will they win immediately? Probably not but they are bottomed out and looking up.

Agreed, but if the cupboard is bare he would be racking up minutes and pp time and as I said Henrique and Hall are a good start with Zacha likely to join them this year. Plus a decent draft this year. Not exactly pre McDavid Edmonton

Hall will get top billing and top defensive match ups. Vesey will be sheltered to an extent and even some 2nd pp time is better than none. NJ is not bereft of talent, they have prospects in the que. They are not cup contenders but with the exception of Chicago and Pittsburgh, no one else in the running is either.

Agreed, but if the cupboard is bare he would be racking up minutes and pp time and as I said Henrique and Hall are a good start with Zacha likely to join them this year. Plus a decent draft this year. Not exactly pre McDavid Edmonton

Henrique is not Eichel, nor Reinhart or O'Reilly for that matter. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but I see him going there as a handicap to getting to his ultimate goal. The big second contract. Instead of 30 tap in goals from Eichel, he'll have to do a lot of the work on his own to get 12-15 goals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.