GDT: Buffalo @ Carolina, 7:00 pm est, 3-22-2016

WildCard

Sharpen your pitch forks, grab your torches, and bitch slap the fan next to you, because your Buffalo Sabres are marching down to North Carolina for some pillaging and baby eating. Your Mongol hoard will lay siege to the Hurricanes tonight after coming an insulting defeat at the hands of the Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday night. Minus Jack Eichel, who was too busy playing a game of 'poop or fart' to play any other games, and hitting the end of a stretch in which they played 3 games in 4 nights, including back-to-backs, the Sabres were pretty much dominated in every facet, and looked nothing like the ravaging hoard of plague wielding, baby eating lunatics that will salt the earth that is the PatheticNutsackCanes Arena tonight. 

The Hurricanes look more like a rainstorm than anything remotely resembling terrifying. Sitting at 76 points, Rainstorm Carolina is in the perfect position to both a) get a draft pick and b) miss the playoffs. Congrats, Carolina, on treading water just long enough to ensure you lose all 5 of your fans. Carolina has a 3-3-4 record in their last 10, and is currently coming off a 3-2 OT loss in Minnesota on Saturday.

Look for Johnson vs Ward.

Game Preview

All Stats:
Carolina @ Buffalo, 2-27-2015, (4-1 win)
Carolina @ Buffalo, 3-12-2016, (3-2 win)

Monday Practice Report

As for Lehner, he said, the team is simply proceeding with caution.

"Just want to take it slow," Bylsma said. "You're dealing with the ankle, [a] continuing of the ankle sprain. He could tape it up and try today and see how the tweak goes or see where it's at, but really kind of taking a full rest and recovery at this time."

Bylsma also provided updates on two Sabres in the midst of dealing with long-term injuries. Defenseman Cody Franson has missed 14 games with a neck injury while forward Tyler Ennis has missed 36 with a concussion.

"Franson's off the ice and really kind of in a holding pattern for how he's feeling," Bylsma said.

"Tyler's doing quite well, is improving, worked out and skated this morning so he's doing better and better [with] hopes of maybe moving in a positive direction in the next seven days."

Buffalo:
Forwards:
Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 44 Nicolas Deslauriers

28 Zemgus Girgensons – 15 Jack Eichel – 23 Sam Reinhart

82 Marcus Foligno – 22 Johan Larsson – 12 Brian Gionta

19 Cal O'Reilly – 17 David Legwand – 26 Matt Moulson

Defense:
Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 47 Zach Bogosian

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – 3 Mark Pysyk

Goalies:
40 Robin Lehner
31 Chad Johnson

maxresdefault.jpg

Glad to see WC was able to peel himself away from the Stamkos thread long enough to do a proper GDT. Our last few have been...lacking.

I'm so excited for this game I stabbed a friend's baby with a spork at dinner last night.

You mean the Hall > Stamkos thread?  :flirt:

watching this one at our hotel (Ronald McDonald House).  Going to give the boys time to rest.  :thumbsup:  

Gonna have to remember not to scream at TV lol

Good news is, baby eating during pillaging only applies to the opponents kids

So on top of the tickets I already have, I was just offered two at center ice about 10 rows up. I've sat in these before and they are the best in the house. Unfortunately I can't use them since neither my wife or I have

time today to go pick them up.

where are they? i'll pay for them.

Glad to see WC was able to peel himself away from the Stamkos thread long enough to do a proper GDT. Our last few have been...lacking.

Having started the Toronto GDT, I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. Plus the fact the Sabres are 0-5 when I start the GDT this season.

Johnson in net

Jack's back

Having started the Toronto GDT, I agree wholeheartedly with this statement. Plus the fact the Sabres are 0-5 when I start the GDT this season.

Johnson in net

Jack's back

Dude, someone has a voodoo doll lying around of you, because your juju when it comes to GDT's and attending games is other worldly.  :lol:

Dude, someone has a voodoo doll lying around of you, because your juju when it comes to GDT's and attending games is other worldly. :lol:

It worked like a charm for the CHL Standings ;)

Joe-Boo

paging Joe-Boo

Can Joe-Boo please come to the Brawndo residence?

(live chickens, a sharp knife and incense will be needed)

Better bring a Priest, Rabbi, Iman and Shaman as well.

Joe-Boo

paging Joe-Boo

Can Joe-Boo please come to the Brawndo residence?

(live chickens, a sharp knife and incense will be needed)

Hats, for bats? Hats....for bats....

It worked like a charm for the CHL Standings ;)

Better bring a Priest, Rabbi, Iman and Shaman as well.

This is true. Plus, I'm 1-2 in games attended this year, and I'm pretty sure I'm well below .500 in GDT record

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.