GDT: Buffalo @ Carolina, 7:00 pm est, 3-22-2016

WildCard

I'll admit that earlier on in the season, I was anti-Larsson.  The kid is growing on me.  Foligno too.  Is this just a contract year burst or is this the Marcus of the future.  What's his next contract worth?  3 years, $9 million???

They are quite perturbed on the Canes HF Boards site. They think the refs blew the game and they all seem to have a general disdain for the Sabres.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2050109

They start their GDT with "....."

Pretty much aptly sums up the Canes' fans' passion right there  :lol:

Huh, I was not aware that even the Canes fans know that we're going to pillage them

Edited by WildCard

So glad I finally upgraded my picture from that awful Tim Connolly stock one. Cody is going to live up to that contract and be a solid top 6 for years to come.

Nice. After all these years, it's still fun taking over their building, even in a game between two irrelevant teams. Somewhere tonight Luke DeCock is seething, and for that I am thankful.

Edited by Claude_Verret

So glad I finally upgraded my picture from that awful Tim Connolly stock one. Cody is going to live up to that contract and be a solid top 6 for years to come.

Was Ville Leino not available?

The kid line was awful tonight defensively.

Should I go with my gut and piss on Dan for having them out there protecting the one-goal lead with one minute left?

"Or say good on ya Disco, meaningless game, teachable moment?"

There are few more hateable players in the league then Skinner. Goat horns on the winner looked good on him.

It was sweet watching Larry making him his bitch. Twice.

RJ wasn't very crisp tonight. Called a couple of clear Johnson saves as "going wide" or having "help from the post" when neither happened. His tone of voice never changed during the PK clear that Legwand almost scored on, almost as if Rick didn't realize Legwand had a wide open net. Then mixing up more Sabres players than usual. Oh well.

Bogosian with a clear path to skate it up the ice instead passes into a winger's skates across ice, resulting in loss of possession. The Bunker is open baby! :nana:

And then that awesome feed to spring Kane on the botched breakaway.

Bogo in a nutshell.

Couple other notes after reading the thread:

Foligno will be fine next year and for six years after that.

There is nothing unusual about a young player hit-and-miss for the first 200 games of his career, then finding his niche beyond that.

You guys know this, but it gets overlooked with Marcus for some reason.

Gionta is going to do exactly what he signed to do: spend two years giving this team some spine and some professionalism, spend the third year passing the torch, then decide between making a playoff run with a young Sabres team, or accepting a deadline trade to the cup contender of his choice. And then retire.

I love Larry and glad he is becoming the player I saw as a prospect.

I'm not giving up, but I am worried about Zemgus.

Edited by dudacek

I'm not giving up, but I am worried about Zemgus.

Yup, same for me. If a line of Girgensons - Eichel - Fasching was somehow able to come to a viable fruition, it would seem to mean a lot for what we already currently have of our future forward ranks.

I'm worried about Zemgus now, as he seems to be in a prolonged slump. Zemgus not being a long term fixture in our top 6 means we will definitely need to add another forward.

In a magical world where both Girgensons and Fasching are able to step in and be consistent line-mates for Eichel next year, we could conceivably already have our top 9 (Kane - ROR - Reinhart, Girgs - Eichel - Fasching, Foligno - Larsson - Gionta) for next year, and one that could contend for the playoffs, considering it would allow GMTM to focus the majority of his off season energy on upgrading our biggest area of need, the defense.

..............I still want Stamkos, though. :lol:

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.