GDT: Buffalo @ Columbus, 7:00 pm est, 2-19-2016

WildCard

I paid zero attention to the replay so I'll say you're right while agreeing with D4rk that his stick was totally out of control, so meh.

Fair enough. It's just that I don't believe that by the rule book, a call should have been made.

The Kane one was a good call, for sure. Didn't like the first two calls, nor the 5 minute major, to be honest, should have been a minor.

Fair enough. It's just that I don't believe that by the rule book, a call should have been made.

The Kane one was a good call, for sure. Didn't like the first two calls, nor the 5 minute major, to be honest, should have been a minor.

I liked the major because of residual hatred for Hartnell from his Philly days :)

It is the point though, cause by the rule book it wasn't a penalty. There isn't a penalty for having your stick in the air, and NOT making contact with the opposing player.

You don't know how the rules work. Selling calls is part of the game. Don't wave your stick around like an idiot so the refs feel inclined to penalize you. It's not difficult. Marcus needed to make a better play there.

You don't know how the rules work. Selling calls is part of the game. Don't wave your stick around like an idiot so the refs feel inclined to penalize you. It's not difficult. Marcus needed to make a better play there.

That makes sense too. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt because Marcus's stick actually came down low, on the Columbus player's stick, then rode up. But you have a point.

Edited by Thorny

I agree with this. Take the body, lift the stick, or at least make sure your stick doesn't ride up a player's who is picking up steam. He should know the game.

You skate past the ref, he's at you're back, the stick hits you're upper body. Split second decision you snap your head back. That's a good play if you're looking to win. Not a hockey play but, it works. I say meh. A team needs to outplay bad calls. Period.

You skate past the ref, he's at you're back, the stick hits you're upper body. Split second decision you snap your head back. That's a good play if you're looking to win. Not a hockey play but, it works. I say meh. A team needs to outplay bad calls. Period.

I also think, though, that players should be fined after the fact if they have been shown to embellish.

I tried to find that clip from Mighty Ducks were Gordon Bombay tells his players to take dives, but I couldn't find it. Arg.

Yup. Gamesmanship. It's sports.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.