Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

I will watch, I will cheer, I will be emotionally invested.... No denying that, however, until they prove something, the pessimistic attitude will continue to grow. Although, I will admit they Do seem to be trying to assemble a good team.... I just don't think we are that close

Without the injuries, MAYBE they could have scraped into the playoffs.  

Forget it, now.

Both sides of the deal have been extremely tight lipped but I'm also kind of doubting any notion that it would be a field-naming ageeement. Especially with the way the announcement came out.

While New Era Field at Ralph Wilson Stadium sounds cool, I would bet more money on Ralph Wilson Field at New Era Stadium.

Or just New Era Stadium. Ralph has a statue. His legacy is going nowhere.

Considering RWS will be replaced within 6 years Ralph will be associated by name until then.

I don't know how good the Bills are, but they're not a bad team--they're one of many who have a shot to make the playoffs, but need some stuff to go right. Sure, everyone is focused on the injuries to the LBs right now, but let's focus on the good things: McCoy is healthy this year, Tyrod has looked good and has had a full offseason as the man, we don't have Mario Williams moping around making the defense miserable...and last but not least, we have a non-Brady Pats game. If the defense gets to the top half of the league and Tyrod is even marginally better and/or McCoy plays all 16, why is 10 wins so unrealistic?

I don't know how good the Bills are, but they're not a bad team--they're one of many who have a shot to make the playoffs, but need some stuff to go right. Sure, everyone is focused on the injuries to the LBs right now, but let's focus on the good things: McCoy is healthy this year, Tyrod has looked good and has had a full offseason as the man, we don't have Mario Williams moping around making the defense miserable...and last but not least, we have a non-Brady Pats game. If the defense gets to the top half of the league and Tyrod is even marginally better and/or McCoy plays all 16, why is 10 wins so unrealistic?

The D front seven are more than decimated (that implies 1/10) by injuries, that's why.

One Williams (Mario) gone, two rooks and one IK.  So far.

Kyle Williams back. Aaron Williams back. IK is a replacement-level player.

Whether they are good or not is still to be seen, but year in, year out training camp seems to decimate the plans for this team...  Is it too much to ask to leave training camp healthy?  

Does any team leave training camp healthy?

Any more important than losing Kyle Williams for 10 games last year? I still think people were wildly overestimating the impact two rookie defenders were going to make.

Well it's also losing Mario. But, Preston Brown will be better, Darby should be better, if Kyle Williams and Aaron Williams can remain healthy and this team jumps all in on a Rex Ryan scheme, it should easily be a top 14 defense at least

Well it's also losing Mario. But, Preston Brown will be better, Darby should be better, if Kyle Williams and Aaron Williams can remain healthy and this team jumps all in on a Rex Ryan scheme, it should easily be a top 14 defense at least

I honestly and truly believe losing Mario is a good thing, and I don't even believe in addition by subtraction. I really do think his attitude had a meaningful negative drag on the defense.

One Williams (Mario) gone, two rooks and one IK.  So far.

The team was 8-8 last season with a piss-poor performance from Mario. I think they'll get better play from that slot regardless of who is playing there (Pro Football Focus gave Mario the lowest grade of any player at his position last season).

IK, despite seeming destined for early playing time, is still a deep-bench depth player at best. 

It's worth worrying about Ragland and Lawson. Ragland was supposed to replace Bradham (who was solid but may have been surpassed in ability quickly by Ragland). Now it'll be up to Zach Brown and Brandon Spikes. Lawson will be out early but his position will still be better than it was last year before he even steps on the field (it can't get worse).

Injuries suck, but I think the Bills have avoided the devastating ones so far.

The team was 8-8 last season with a piss-poor performance from Mario. I think they'll get better play from that slot regardless of who is playing there (Pro Football Focus gave Mario the lowest grade of any player at his position last season).

IK, despite seeming destined for early playing time, is still a deep-bench depth player at best. 

It's worth worrying about Ragland and Lawson. Ragland was supposed to replace Bradham (who was solid but may have been surpassed in ability quickly by Ragland). Now it'll be up to Zach Brown and Brandon Spikes. Lawson will be out early but his position will still be better than it was last year before he even steps on the field (it can't get worse).

Injuries suck, but I think the Bills have avoided the devastating ones so far.

One could even argue they lost Mario last season, not this season :)

Sauce on that pro football ranking?

Since their actual rankings are behind a paywall here's an article that references it:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-offseason-to-do-list-for-the-buffalo-bills/

... with Mario Williams (42.9) struggling in particular (according to the Associated Press, the Bills plan to cut Williams after this season). He’s our lowest graded pass rusher amongst even front defensive ends, with a 42.9 grade due to picking up just 34 combined pressures from 469 snaps.

In the "Pass rush priority" portion of the article.

Hughes did not have a similar decline last season. He was the one so many pointed at as a product of those around him when his contract talks were going on. Turns out that narrative was shattered last season.

He is the ROR trade for the Bills.

Hughes did not have a similar decline last season. He was the one so many pointed at as a product of those around him when his contract talks were going on. Turns out that narrative was shattered last season.

He is the ROR trade for the Bills.

Does that make Kelvin Sheppard the Grigorenko of the NFL?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.