Sabres earn points in 7th straight divisional road game...

matter2003

In my last road game my girls basketball team won by 20.  In our previous 2 home games we lost by 3 and 17 respectively. Explain how the location of the game defines my coaching ability.

In hockey, the home team coach gets to see which players the other team puts out before he sends his own guys over the boards.  So the home team coach is the one that dictates the line match-ups, which has always been a weakness of Dan Bylsma.

You're a bad coach because you focus too much on your girls driving hard to the basket.  If I were you, I'd construct a game plan around getting Amanda the ball in space behind the three point line.  That girl has a hell of a shot, and you are criminally under-utilizing her.

Thanks for re-stating the obvious difference in hockey. So if Bylsma is winning more on the road and I argued that he did a better job of anticipating how the other team would try to match up when sending out his lines on the road and is mixing up his lines accordingly how would that speak to his coaching ability?

And Amanda is completely and utterly overrated.

I did not realize that was your argument. Bringing up basketball made it seem like you didn't know about second change. And quite simply: the team loses more when Bylsma dictates the line matchups.

In hockey, the home team coach gets to see which players the other team puts out before he sends his own guys over the boards.  So the home team coach is the one that dictates the line match-ups, which has always been a weakness of Dan Bylsma.

You're a bad coach because you focus too much on your girls driving hard to the basket.  If I were you, I'd construct a game plan around getting Amanda the ball in space behind the three point line.  That girl has a hell of a shot, and you are criminally under-utilizing her.

I'd probably chalk that up more to the team being too amped up at home and trying to score for the fans which means they are probably missing some assignments which lead to mistakes versus it being line combinations...

I'd probably chalk that up more to the team being too amped up at home and trying to score for the fans which means they are probably missing some assignments which lead to mistakes versus it being line combinations...

I can't really comment on the emotions of the players at home, so I'll keep blaming Bylsma.

You could be right, though, I've heard that line of reasoning before.

This would be eight straight road games against Divisional foes with at least a point.

This is another sign that things are going in the right direction.

They are only 2 games under .500 on the road.

They have 20 ROWs compared to 15 all of last year.

21 wins already this season, 23 all of last.

They have allowed 143 goals in 53 games, and will end the season closer to 200 goals allowed than they will the 274 they allowed in 2014-15. 

They are going to end up with more than the 161 goals they scored last season, and that is with two key offensive contributors, Moulson & Ennis, giving you nothing.

There is a lot to take away from this season no matter where they end up in the standings.   

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.