GDT: NYI at Sabres FNC 6 pm 12/31/15

Brawndo

All I can say is.... they lost the game in the first period when they outshot the Isles 17-5 and didn't score.

It gets old, no matter who they put on the ice, that this is a chronic Sabres issue.  These guys are talented but you have to score when you are pressing the other team.  I feel better about this team than the teams of the last 5 seasons.

It gets old, no matter who they put on the ice, that this is a chronic Sabres issue.  These guys are talented but you have to score when you are pressing the other team.  I feel better about this team than the teams of the last 5 seasons.

Oh, I'd much rather be pressing, but sometimes you just gotta finish.

Eichel is starting to feel his chops a little bit. Much less dump and chase when he is carrying the puck out there and it's nice to see opposing defenders having to respect his speed so much. 

That said, not enough pucks in the net to even begin to think we are any good at this point. 

GO SABRES!!!

Well if the officials called goaltender interference the way the rule is written, that's a 1-1 game after regulation. 2015 brought a lot to this team that I'm really excited about, but hopefully in 2016 Bylsma learns you don't have to dump and chase on every zone entrance. 

The goal had nothing to do with the goalie interference.  Had Ullmark covered and they got it out by pushing him, then yes.  But the puck trickled out behind him before the Isles player poked his stick in.

Larsson, Kane, and whoever got good zone time on their shift with 3 mins left. Too bad they never once passed it back to Risto at the point. I think that's a problem with our offense in general 5 on 5: It doesn't incorporate the d-men at all. The Islanders forwards regularly drop it to their defense after gaining the zone and it buys them heaps of space to set up the offense. We just dump it in and our forwards play a 3 man game.

Frustrating loss. Getting robbed in the 1st period was brutal. The power play goal was gorgeous. I celebrated harder for that one than any goal in the last 3 years.

Happy 2016 y'all.

Not much wrong with the Sabres. Just the other teams are better.

Tend to agree.  However, I am concerned that our scoring is concentrated in 3 or 4 players (Jack, ROR, McGinn, Rhino).  Not sure if this is the same on every team, but our lack of balance seems concerning.  We're playing well enough to score, we just don't. 

Their intermission host Jodi Jackson was a sports anchor on WIVB Channel 4 in Buffalo about ten years ago.

Seems like they have a lot of Buffalo imports.... Yancey's Fancy, Ted's Hot Dogs, Jody Jackson....

Edited by The Big Johnson

He was a good NHL coach in the 1990s style of play. Time passed him by and today's fast paced offense was beyond his skills. I liked him too

I do agree he was better suited for that period and that particular team. Bylsma is a much better "hockey" coach in my opinion.

Edited by Radar

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.