GDT: Washington @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm ET, 12/29/2015

spndnchz

That was a pretty fun game. Boy talk about close to the vest. We dropped two coverages and both times it ended up in the net. Not really sure what Gorges was thinking on that first goal.

Can't say I'm a fan of the Ennis Eichel Kane line. If Eichel is going to do it all himself, he needs to learn that shot of OV where he snaps it really quick using the Dman as his own screen. He had a couple of opportunities to do it tonight.

I'll take a 2-0 loss to that team.

That was a pretty fun game. Boy talk about close to the vest. We dropped two coverages and both times it ended up in the net. Not really sure what Gorges was thinking on that first goal.

Wasn't he thinking one of the back-checking forwards would pick up the high guy?

Bad pass/bounce by Reinhart on the breakout was the main cause of that one.

Wasn't he thinking one of the back-checking forwards would pick up the high guy?

Bad pass/bounce by Reinhart on the breakout was the main cause of that one.

But when he looked back, there wasn't a forward anywhere near him because they thought they were breaking out, AND there were already two guys on the puck in the corner. It was reminiscent of the Sabrepede and just a bad decision. Like really bad.

----

Ok. Sabrepede may have been a little harsh.

Sabrepede may have been a little harsh, but that play was reminiscent of Sabrepede for sure.  Maybe a close cousin?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25429858/look-alex-ovechkin-was-ridiculously-wide-open-for-career-goal-no-493

O'Reilly really lazy on that play, but there were still 3 Sabres (vs. 1.5 Capitals) in the corner with Ovechkin wide open in front of Ullmark.

Unless Jack is the second coming, I have no confidence Bylsma's teams here will score goals.

Until he realizes that the dump and chase just doesn't work anymore, I agree. Every time they dump it, my only though is, "well, there's another wasted possession."

Until he realizes that the dump and chase just doesn't work anymore, I agree. Every time they dump it, my only though is, "well, there's another wasted possession."

The defense men are too well positioned and hoping for a dump in. A good team has a break out waiting to happen and consider it an easy way to get a turn over and rush up ice.

The defense men are too well positioned and hoping for a dump in. A good team has a break out waiting to happen and consider it an easy way to get a turn over and rush up ice.

Also, with the loosening of the interference rules, it just doesn't make sense anymore. I know it worked for him in Pittsburgh, but that was during the no touch era with a high motor superstar.

Sabrepede may have been a little harsh, but that play was reminiscent of Sabrepede for sure.  Maybe a close cousin?

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25429858/look-alex-ovechkin-was-ridiculously-wide-open-for-career-goal-no-493

O'Reilly really lazy on that play, but there were still 3 Sabres (vs. 1.5 Capitals) in the corner with Ovechkin wide open in front of Ullmark.

Looked like O'Reilly was positioning for a breakout pass.

Looked like O'Reilly was positioning for a breakout pass.

That may be, but he saw Ovechkin there all alone and very casually skated towards him.

O'Reilly was far from the main problem on that play. Risto or Gorges should have covered Ovechkin to begin with, but O'Reilly's very casual demeanor once he saw Ovechkin set up in prime position caught my eye.  Ovechkin should have been far more of a concern than a possible breakout pass at that point.

That may be, but he saw Ovechkin there all alone and very casually skated towards him.

O'Reilly was far from the main problem on that play. Risto or Gorges should have covered Ovechkin to begin with, but O'Reilly's very casual demeanor once he saw Ovechkin set up in prime position caught my eye.  Ovechkin should have been far more of a concern than a possible breakout pass at that point.

Or ullmark could have done an hultby! but no :(

Or ullmark could have done an hultby! but no :(

In the short time Linus has been here he has shown tremendous improvement.  If Lehner rejoins the big club and Linus plays everyday in Rochester, he may be making Holtby like saves in a year.  I don't think we can expect much more from a guy who plays once every two or three games in his first season in the best league in the world.  To steal someone elses's line Ullmark will be fine. 

In the short time Linus has been here he has shown tremendous improvement.  If Lehner rejoins the big club and Linus plays everyday in Rochester, he may be making Holtby like saves in a year.  I don't think we can expect much more from a guy who plays once every two or three games in his first season in the best league in the world.  To steal someone elses's line Ullmark will be fine.

Agreed. Ullmark is getting an insanely fortunate opportunity to play in the NHL this year. Take some of the pressure off and put him in the AHL for the rest of the year and his development will take off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.