GDT: LA @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm est, 12/12/2015

WildCard

Bollywood comes to town Saturday night as the LA Queens attempt to take on our Buffalo Sabres in a game Buffalo is sorely looking forward to. Currently on a 3 game losing streak, the Sabres shot themselves in the foot last time around as they battled back Thursday night only to lose 4-3 in Calgary. Not only did the Sabres fight back from multi-goal deficits, but Rasmus Ristolainen had his 1st career hat trick, and the first of any Sabre player this year. Rasmus is 2nd on the team in point (7-14-21, behind ROR), and ranks 5th and 6th in all defensemen in the league in goals and points respectively. Eichel looked to be moving his feet again, Weber was Weber, and Johnson reminded us all why he's a back-up. Well, on to the next one. The key is, we looked much better that game, and hopefully we're just pissed off enough to make all of our Saturday nights that much better.

LA ain't exactly the team you want to be seeing right now if you're the Sabres, but considering we ###### the bed against the Oilers, Flames, and Canucks, maybe there is no logic in hockey and we'll kick these guys' ###### all the way back to the next set of 50 Shades of Milan Lucic. The Kings last played yesterday, recording a 3-2 SO win in Pittsburgh. Quick started, making 40 saves. The Kings currently lead their division by 9 points, and are on a 6 game winning stream. Well, streaks are made for ending

Given Johnson's goal in the 3rd and Quick starting last night, look for The Swede We Need and our old pal Johnas Enroth to square off in a battle of countrymen. 

Game Preview

STATS:
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

No Practice Friday, here's something completely random instead

Forwards:

88 Jamie McGinn – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

26 Matt Moulson - 15 Jack Eichel – 9 Evander Kane

12 Brian Gionta  –  22 Johan Larsson/19 Cal O'Reilly - 28 Zemgus Girgensons 

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand – 82 Marcus Foligno

Defense:

4 Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – 47 Zach Bogosian

29 Jake McCabe/6 Mike Weber – 46 Cody Franson

Victims:
35  Linus Ullmark
31 Chad Johnson

ben-scrivens-matt-moulson-nhl-los-angele

Edited by WildCard

Can we start placing odds on WC's ability to call starting goalies? Nothing against you Wild, as it's a crap shoot every game and your educated guess is better than mine, but still, there needs to be odds placed. We will just consider you the house.

We can do an under - over- even 1.

he gets more than one right...over

he gets less than one right.....under

he gets one right.....................even

I'm calling under.... Quick and Johnson start.

BTW- did you get NS's blessing before posting that random act of blasphemy?

It would have been the right thing to do. Right now NS might be faced with the moral conundrum of blocking you for that, but then he will miss out on some of the best GDTs.

Can we start placing odds on WC's ability to call starting goalies? Nothing against you Wild, as it's a crap shoot every game and your educated guess is better than mine, but still, there needs to be odds placed. We will just consider you the house.

We can do an under - over- even 1.

he gets more than one right...over

he gets less than one right.....under

he gets one right.....................even

I'm calling under.... Quick and Johnson start.

BTW- did you get NS's blessing before posting that random act of blasphemy?

It would have been the right thing to do. Right now NS might be faced with the moral conundrum of blocking you for that, but then he will miss out on some of the best GDTs.

Guessing the goalie is impossible right now because the Sabres aren't good enough to routinely face the opposing team's starter, and don't even have one ourselves. Either way though, you've utterly offended me, and I demand you be banned.

I was hoping NS would click on that link, though he's been so busy lately I'm not sure he frequents the GDT's anymore

Best.  Game.  Day.  Thread.

EVAR.

Best link ever posted in the history of SabreSpace.

I should expect no less from a Wild guy that is Lost in a Supermarket.

EDIT TO ADD:

Woodsie,

It's all good since it is merely an interpretation of a great line in a great song by an awesome song writer and lyricist from a by-gone era.

Do I need to add that The Clash = the only band that ever mattered ... EVER!!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

IT HAS HAPPENED 

@BuffaloSabres  27m

#Sabres lines: McGinn-O'Reilly-Reinhart Moulson-Eichel-Kane Gionta-Larsson/C.O'Reilly-Girgensons Foligno-Legwand-Deslauriers

What has happened? Oh, the grafted one of the O'Reilly boys onto Zemgus.

Well if you just looked back and saw a ghost....

:w00t:

I do feel bad for Matt, though. Imagine breaking in and seeing that sign. EVERY TIME MOULSON MISSES THE NET A PUPPY IS DROWNED IN AN OLD RUSTY BUCKET

Public. Would a friends house while having a Christmas party outside because the weather is so nice count?

His dog.

And of course, video or it didn't happen.

Work?

Of course, but you can't let him know what you're doing beforehand, and people have to witness it

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.