Marvel and DC Comics superthread

LGR4GM

Didn't try anything new? The whole story of Clark's youth and struggling with his powers was very new, at least to any mainstream imaging of superman. I have no idea if they ever did anything like that in the comics.

I never watched Smallville, but I figure that was the entire point of the show.

But I actually liked Man of Steel and am really looking forward to BvS.

Edited by Hoss

Didn't try anything new? The whole story of Clark's youth and struggling with his powers was very new, at least to any mainstream imaging of superman. I have no idea if they ever did anything like that in the comics.

If I remember correctly there was only a small amount of Clark's youth in the movie, like maybe 5-10 mins. I haven't seen it in a long time though so I could be wrong. And Smallville was right around that time and they did a ton of that. (I liked Smallville, actually). Superman returns wasn't a bad movie, but the tone and feel were almost exactly like the Reeves era Superman movies. It felt almost like a homage. Which is fine, it just wasn't my favorite Superman movie.

Although, I will say I loved Kevin Spacey's Lex.

If I remember correctly there was only a small amount of Clark's youth in the movie, like maybe 5-10 mins. I haven't seen it in a long time though so I could be wrong. And Smallville was right around that time and they did a ton of that. (I liked Smallville, actually). Superman returns wasn't a bad movie, but the tone and feel were almost exactly like the Reeves era Superman movies. It felt almost like a homage. Which is fine, it just wasn't my favorite Superman movie.

Although, I will say I loved Kevin Spacey's Lex.

Oh, you said Superman Returns.  I should read better, thought you were talking about Man of Steel.  Now your post makes a ton of sense.  Sorry about that.

Oh, you said Superman Returns.  I should read better, thought you were talking about Man of Steel.  Now your post makes a ton of sense.  Sorry about that.

All good. Ya, I liked Man of Steel more than I did Superman Returns. There was more depth to the character and you got to see him let loose with his powers a bit more, too.

Pleeeeaase tell me they won't include the Wonder Twins if they do make that one.

Wonder Twin powers activate: form of a hamster, form of an ice cucumber; Gleek randomly tittering. Most. Annoying. "Super." Heros. Ever. :wallbash:

Maybe the reason I never got into any of these comic book movies. 

The cartoons ruined most of these characters 40 years ago with schlock like that. 

Maybe the reason I never got into any of these comic book movies. 

The cartoons ruined most of these characters 40 years ago with schlock like that. 

I'd love to know why Hanna Barbera felt the need to add their own characters into those shows.  Anyway, you want to talk strange, apparently DC actually added them into their comics in the 90s.  Why on earth did they decide to bring them back all those years later?  They should have left them in the dumpster where they belonged.

The following is possibly a spoiler, I'm not sure, but it's just speculation based on the clip released monday.  So take that as your warning, but I don't think it requires tag since it is nothing more than speculation.  The popular opinion online is that monday's clip was a Batman nightmare of what Superman could become.  Thinking of it that way, it makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Edited by shrader

There's still a ton we don't know. People are pissed that they revealed Doomsday, but did you really expect them to just not tell you who the biggest villain was? Although I do agree that modern trailers give way too much away.

We still don't know the role of Jena Malone (likely as Batgirl), the Flash's role, the role of Bruce's parents in this one (are we getting ANOTHER flashback scene of his parents dying?)... Etc, etc.

Sidenote: I think Jeremy Irons would've been a good Lex Luthor instead of Alfred.

X Men is beyond sweet, but today's kids seem to prefer The Avengers. Mine are into Iron Man big time.

I wish Marvel still owned the movie rights to X-Men so we could see crossovers between them.  That's one of my favorite things about what Marvel's done the last 7 years: setting up a cinematic universe.

At least Sony made a deal with Marvel over Spider-Man.  It'll be interesting to see how that works out.

I wish Marvel still owned the movie rights to X-Men so we could see crossovers between them.  That's one of my favorite things about what Marvel's done the last 7 years: setting up a cinematic universe.

At least Sony made a deal with Marvel over Spider-Man.  It'll be interesting to see how that works out.

I think I said it earlier, but it's amazing what Marvel has accomplished given that all of their most popular characters from the comics are owned by other studios.  At this point, it's probably a very good thing that they don't have anyone.  The movies can be a bit bloated already, but just imagine if the X-Men were in there too.

edit:  After watching that X-Men trailer again, am I picking up on this correctly: Storm, Angel, and Magneto are 3 of the 4 horsemen?

Edited by shrader

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.