Sabres broadcasts in a state of flux

PASabreFan

Think maybe we were all spoiled with Lorentz? I really don't mind Ray, but I used to really enjoy "learning" from Lorentz. He didn't speak just to speak and had an almost teacher like way of explaining things. Also thought Gare did OK the few times he had been on (years ago).

Edited by Sabresince70

He was hired to be an on-ice reporter, they already had a color guy. I don't think Ray was offered the job to be a color guy, they just made him RT's partner because they no longer wanted to keep a color guy. I think it's unfair to treat Ray like a professional journalist/announcer while Dunleavy gets away with mediocrity at best. And that's Dunleavy's job. I just don't get it........ Like I've said before, we're spoiled, we could have a lot worse.

Not that I have any inside info, but I'd be awfully surprised if that's how things went down. I'll go as far as to say it's nearly inconceivable to me that an organization would give somebody a promotion without going over it with the person.

As to my solution: keep trying other people. I don't have a name off the top of my head, but luckily that's not my job. We shouldn't just settle for what we have because it's already here and the rest of the league also sucks. That's just awful, we deserve better.

Dallas has a good broadcasting team.

I was just going to post about that. I'm watching the Dallas feed and they're one of the best combos I've heard around the league. It's tough to beat Strader, he is one of the best in my opinion. Reaugh tops it off nicely.

Something annoying about their feed, about once every minute the audio skips.

I was just going to post about that. I'm watching the Dallas feed and they're one of the best combos I've heard around the league. It's tough to beat Strader, he is one of the best in my opinion. Reaugh tops it off nicely.Something annoying about their feed, about once every minute the audio skips.

Nice to see Stu again too.

I was just going to post about that. I'm watching the Dallas feed and they're one of the best combos I've heard around the league. It's tough to beat Strader, he is one of the best in my opinion. Reaugh tops it off nicely.

Something annoying about their feed, about once every minute the audio skips.

Dallas guys are great. I watched their feed the first game. Very knowledgeable and respectful of the other team. Gave us our due when we earned it. Diplomatic on the outside, homer on the inside. 

Edited by musichunch

Dallas guys are great. I watched their feed the first game. Very knowledgeable and respectful of the other team. Gave us our due when we earned it. Diplomatic on the outside, homer on the inside. 

Very professional group. I like Strader a lot, I'll take him on NBC any night over Emrick. 

• 3 months later...

Watching NHL Network for no good reason.  Marty Biron is one of the panelists.  I just love that guy.  Knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and just enough that Frenchy accent to sound authentic.  I'd love to see him more on Sabres broadcasts.

Could he replace Ray?

Frankly I'm happy that they are considering alternatives.  Rayzor and May just aren't that good, and I'm not sold yet on Dunleavy either.

When they put a stat or info blurb on the screen and Ray reads the whole thing like we are too stupid to read, that drives me crazy. Yes, I know the radio audience and all, but it still bothers me. I like Ray as a person but he is terrible as color man. I've been turning the sound down at times and just watching 

Not sure. He's one of their studio guys.

Hey! Welcome back!  :thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.