Sabres broadcasts in a state of flux

PASabreFan

Could he replace Ray?

I think so, but he might be best in the studio. On NHL Network he exudes enthusiasm (including for the Sabres and Buffalo in general). Once you get used to the cadence of his delivery he's easy to understand and he has a likeable on-air persona.

The broadcasts are in dire need of a major overhaul. Not necessarily (but not exactly excluding) the broadcast team. But the entire production. Of course there are the FOX owned channels where every team is cookie cutter, same format, same graphics, same token hot chick. I don't prefer to go cookie cutter as well but the Sabres broadcasts are so 1990's. The audio sucks, the video sucks, there are about half the camera angles of the other teams. With this team finally moving forward, it's about time the broadcast moves with it and modernizes.

The broadcasts are in dire need of a major overhaul. Not necessarily (but not exactly excluding) the broadcast team. But the entire production. Of course there are the FOX owned channels where every team is cookie cutter, same format, same graphics, same token hot chick. I don't prefer to go cookie cutter as well but the Sabres broadcasts are so 1990's. The audio sucks, the video sucks, there are about half the camera angles of the other teams. With this team finally moving forward, it's about time the broadcast moves with it and modernizes.

Agree.    

The Sabres contract with MSG is up after this season.    Will be interesting to see where they go from here.     A new RSN?  Their own network, eg Empire?   Decisions will need to be made, but yes their broadcasts need a major overhaul.

Agree.    

The Sabres contract with MSG is up after this season.    

Well not exactly.

September 1, 2006

MSG Networks (MSG/FSN New York) announced today a 10-year extension to telecast the NHL's Buffalo Sabres games, in which MSG will own the exclusive local rights to telecast the team's games. The deal will start after the 2006-07 season, and run through the 2016-17 season

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=437214

Watching NHL Network for no good reason. Marty Biron is one of the panelists. I just love that guy. Knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and just enough that Frenchy accent to sound authentic. I'd love to see him more on Sabres broadcasts.

I completely agree with you. More Marty please.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.