GDT: Buffalo @ St.Louis, 8:00 pm est, 11/19/2015

WildCard

Does pushing = lack of confidence? I generally associate lack of confidence with hesitance and being gun-shy. Ennis is the opposite of that right now.

Not necessarily. Eichel was pushing earlier in the season and just trying to do too much. They overthink things, instead of just being naturally in the flow of the game. Worst thing ever for an athlete is overthinking something. Playing baseball was such a mind because if you screwed up, you had about 20 minutes to think about it

let the 3 on 3 go till someone scores. Sooooo much more exciting than that damn shootout. That was edge of your seat shite right there. We're hanging in there with the best teams in the league. Are we supposed to be this good this early ?

No. Which makes me laugh at 3putt or sick or one the like that posted tonight about being mediocre and and and. Makes me think he thinks we should be cup bound this year. And my feelings were playoff bound and that to many people is a joke. To each their own I guess.

Stupid game.  Just let it end 2-2 already.  Make a win worth 3 points like in every other international sport.  

That 3 on 3 nonsense was an affront.

The shootout always has been.

Alternatives: 

1 full OT period at full strength.

or keep playing 'til someone wins, baseball style.

or ties are ties, wins are worth three.

The most popular sport among the big 4 in North America is also the only sport that can end a game in a tie.

I don't like the 3 on 3 either. Not at all. I actually dislike it more than the shootout, because while the shootout is gimmicky, it feels like it's a completely separate thing from the regular game. But the 3 on 3 feels like a weird parody of regular NHL play, where the professional game just turns into a pond hockey side show. It's harder to watch cause it's similar to the regular game, but at the same time completely wonky.

Yes, it can be exciting when I'm neutral to the outcome, but it still seems like a side-show regardless.

I don't like 3 on 3 when our 9th best forward gets 2:19 of it.

Sorry I'm still bitching about that but I'm piiiiissed that we let that game get away

You're not the only one. I'm just happy nothing of throwing ability was within my immediate range. Besides the empty can that is

DD seems to just keep doing things, despite them failing. 

No. Which makes me laugh at 3putt or sick or one the like that posted tonight about being mediocre and and and. Makes me think he thinks we should be cup bound this year. And my feelings were playoff bound and that to many people is a joke. To each their own I guess.

Keeping thinking that. We are a year away. Gionta on 3 on 3? Yeah we have the depth to make a playoff run. Enjoyed the game. But we are a few players and a year away. I never thought this was playoff year much less a cup team for the exact reason that we still need more scoring on the wings.

I really think we need to get over Gionta. We get it. I agree he's playing too much but he's certainly far from the biggest concern. We don't need to make him every game's whipping boy.

Honestly I thought he had a very good game, I just don't want him out there on 3-3. Don't worry though, Ennis looks to be making his case for taking the mantle from Stafford/Leino/Stafford/Gionta

Honestly I thought he had a very good game, I just don't want him out there on 3-3. Don't worry though, Ennis looks to be making his case for taking the mantle from Stafford/Leino/Stafford/Gionta

I agree that he played well 5 on 5, and also had a nice PK play or two. I'm pissed about Dan's player usage in general. It's coming off towards Gionta which hasn't been fair since he has picked up his play over the last 5/6 games

I agree, he's played very well. I just think he should be a part of the revolving door of Goober's lines instead of him being a mainstay while everybody else gets shuffled.

I can't handle the possibility of a 5 game losing streak and the Bills getting hammered on Monday night.

I am really just so ###### sick of losing in this city.

I really don't think we'll lose 5 in a row. But either way, the Bills aren't the only ones getting hammered Monday night. Thanksgiving break baby! Well, besides a test on Tuesday, but that test, already have an 'A' in that class

JJFIVEOH, on 19 Nov 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

I really think we need to get over Gionta. We get it. I agree he's playing too much but he's certainly far from the biggest concern. We don't need to make him every game's whipping boy.

The problem isn't Gionta per se, it's more that Gionta is there to tempt Bylsma.  See, the problem is that Bylsma is using Gionta all wrong.  Like, 10 minutes-a-game all wrong. 

I had a dirty thought: how would Babcock use Gionta?  What would the Sabres' lines look like under Babcock's thumb? 

The problem isn't Gionta per se, it's more that Gionta is there to tempt Bylsma.  See, the problem is that Bylsma is using Gionta all wrong.  Like, 10 minutes-a-game all wrong. 

I had a dirty thought: how would Babcock use Gionta?  What would the Sabres' lines look like under Babcock's thumb? 

Good question. I can understand the reasoning behind using Gionta. Goober is leaning on a veteran presence that still has some offensive upside who has had some decent chemistry with O'Reilly lately. While I think this is a year for learning and it might not be a bad idea for the young guys to screw up and learn from it, I think at this point he wants to play those who are less likely to make a mistake in a tight game. Unfortunately all the games this year have been tight. (19 games and only once have the Sabres or their opponent scored over 4 goals)

Bylsma showed faith in Gionta as he worked his way back from his injury and his faith has been rewarded.

The captain has been solid for the past week or two and was one of our best players tonight.

I'm surprised no one has posted about Larsson's game. What a beast on the forecheck.

That was about as entertaining as a loss ever gets. This team has so much heart.

If only they could score, but I don't think that's going to happen until Jack and Sam reach the next level.

I think making Ennis a healthy scratch for at least one is needed. He just looks lost.

I have to think his confidence right now is blown, he can't keep the puck on his stick for a second and looks timid to even fight for it. In no way am I in favor of dumping Ennis, but I agree he needs to sit a game or two to get his act together.

I'll admit I always thought that O'Reilly was a bit over rated the way some put him on a pedestal, but right now I'm ready to build him a pedestal myself. The ice time may get a little concerning, O'Reilly's averaging close to 22 minutes a game (21:42), that's a lot of ice time with the way he's playing, he leads the league for forwards in ice time, by a pretty good margin. I hope he doesn't get burnt out.

Edited by kishoph

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.