GDT: Tampa @ Buffalo, 7:00 pm edt, 11/5/2015

WildCard

Linus put up huge numbers in the Swedish league two years ago as a 20 year old.  I think it is pretty clear to everyone that he is the most talented goaltender on the roster.  He just needs NHL experience.  And, only one way to get that!

Modo (the club he played for) has been quite bad these past years. He literally carried that team to the playoffs (8th seed=last seed for the SHL-playoffs). He won the award for the best goaltender in the SHL by his play that year.

I've been amazed that he always seem to turn his play up a notch for big games, he seems to excel under pressure. I sure have faith in our tvåhövdade målvakts monster,  but maybe I'm baised being a swede and all. 

Edited by Dannepanne

Modo (the club he played for) has been quite bad these past years. He literally carried that team to the playoffs (8th seed=last seed for the SHL-playoffs). He won the award for the best goaltender in the SHL by his play that year.

I've been amazed that he always seem to turn his play up a notch for big games, he seems to excel under pressure. I sure have faith in our tvåhövdade målvakts monster,  but maybe I'm baised being a swede and all. 

Good stuff here.

yup :P. Mostly for because of the concussion discount risk and how inexperienced he is 

My reasoning behind believing in Lehner: I've never heard of a goalie that has been as drilled as him to be a great goaltender. He is the son of arguably Swedens best goaltender coach (Henrik Lundqvists gt-coach), he was facing pucks going in 100mph as an 11 year old. I remember reading somewhere that Lehner's Neighbors pressed charges against his father for the things he put Lehner through, and there are some messed up stories told by him around the web to justify them doing so. 

He has had some injuries these past couple of years but if he gets it together and plays like he did a couple of years ago then damn. LEHNER WILL BE FINE. 

There are so many players that gets concussed in this league, not all of them become vegetables. 

I'm going to get so much hate  :angel:

Edited by Dannepanne

My reasoning behind believing in Lehner: I've never heard of a goalie that has been as drilled as him to be a great goaltender. He is the son of arguably Swedens best goaltender coach (Henrik Lundqvists gt-coach), he was facing pucks going in 100mph as an 11 year old. I remember reading somewhere that Lehner's Neighbors pressed charges against his father for the things he put Lehner through, and there are some messed up stories told by him around the web to justify them doing so. 

Zoinks.

Now I'm fearful that GM TM may have acquired the hockey goaltender equivalent of Todd Marinovich.

He has had some injuries these past couple of years but if he gets it together and plays like he did a couple of years ago then damn. LEHNER WILL BE FINE. 

There are so many players that gets concussed in this league, not all of them become vegetables. 

Agreed, but it is a risk and deserves a discount, could be that it works out well but not from a pure negotiating standpoint.

While this sounds all well and good - and I'd love to believe it. How did the paternal "grooming" work out for Todd Marinovich?

That being said, I have a lot of hope for Lehner

Zoinks.

Now I'm fearful that GM TM may have acquired the hockey goaltender equivalent of Todd Marinovich.

I posted before reading further - the same thought obviously!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.