Josh Gorges

Hate

Mike Weber

TBD

Zach Bogosian

Robin Lehner

Linus Ullmark

Tim Schaller

I mean he's a rook playing his 10th or 11th game. He's got too much to learn before he gets frustrated at his linemates. He's not a grizzled veteran.

I think youth does the opposite, it makes you more frustrated easier. Especially when you serve it up on a platter and your teammates miss every game Edited by WildCard

Just looked up last year's games vs penguins:

6-1 Penguins, outhsot us 39-21

5-0 Penguins, outshot us 34-18

2-0 Penguins, outshot us 38-28.

They combined to outscore us 13-1 and outshoot us 111-67 in 3 games.

Tonight, we lost 4-3 and outshot them 53-29.

We aren't there yet, but that was an awesome game played by a Sabres team starting a bad backup goalie, missing its best defenseman, and missing Kane and Ennis, two of its top six wingers.

I like that Hoss, I'll go

Love:

O'Reilly

Eichel

Risto

Reinhart

McGinn

Kane

Pysyk

McCabe

Like:

Ennis

Girgensons

Franson

Des

Moulson

Meh:

Foligno

Johnson

Larsson

Legwand

Gorges

Hate:

Gionta

Weber

Gionta

Weber

Gionta

Gionta

MCL's

Cocaine

Gionta

Edited by WildCard

Why don't you elaborate instead of being dismissive.

Because if you can't see him winning puck battles, always getting high on the back check and not just chipping the puck but controlling in the ozone, then you just aren't paying attention. Jack has to learn to push for the inner ice. He is getting pushed wide and staying there. He will be much more effective if he is between the circles. He will learn this.

I think youth does the opposite, it makes you more frustrated easier. Especially when you serve it up on a platter and your teammates miss every game

I understand this, and it was definitely true through the first few games. But 10 games in without a single helper, it can't JUST be blamed on line-mates. I am not in any way trying to harshly criticize the guy, by and large he has been good. But the last few games he has played slightly worse, rather than improving or staying the same.

His shot selection this evening left something to be desired.

Because if you can't see him winning puck battles, always getting high on the back check and not just chipping the puck but controlling in the ozone, then you just aren't paying attention. Jack has to learn to push for the inner ice. He is getting pushed wide and staying there. He will be much more effective if he is between the circles. He will learn this.

Spot on

I understand this, and it was definitely true through the first few games. But 10 games in without a single helper, it can't JUST be blamed on line-mates. I am not in any way trying to harshly criticize the guy, by and large he has been good. But the last few games he has played slightly worse, rather than improving or staying the same.

His shot selection this evening left something to be desired.

And I think that's because he's frustrated and so he just shoots it

I wish puck tracking was being tracked for the last 40 years, because I'd love to see the greats and where on the ice they spent most of their time early vs late in their careers. I'd be willing to bet most players would spend much more time on the outside early than late. He's taking the easy ice right now. In time I think he'll become more willing and able to go to the middle.

Fair enough. I just feel like he can do more.

I know he's a sacred cow here so I'd just like to know why people disagree, rather than just be dismissive. 

I can imagine what relentless day to day ass-kissing can do to an 18/19 year old. I just don't want him to turn into Bure/Kovalev. 

I know he's a sacred cow here so I'd just like to know why people disagree, rather than just be dismissive. 

I can imagine what relentless day to day ass-kissing can do to an 18/19 year old. I just don't want him to turn into Bure/Kovalev. 

No one is being dismissive. You're just looking for someone to agree with you. And no one does. 

Lol he won't

Yeah, sorry. If you're seeing #15 being lazy, I just ... can't.

He can and will grow, and learn.

But, lazy? Nope nope nope.

Agreed. Not seeing laziness at all. But I am seeing what appears to be frustration. I think it's the only thing that would work against his considerable hockey sense, and right now his hockey sense seems to be operating at not quite as high a level as usual.

He'll learn, I am not in the least bit concerned. As crazy as it is that he has zero assists in 10 games. He needs to be better, and he will be.

I have seen areas he needs to improve on including considering a shorter stick. He is incredibly talented, but at this level he will not get the space he has been used to.

If he wasn't working hard, I'd worry. He'll get better at seeing the openings, using his teammates, and picking his spots. 

Pierre Turgeon years ago was practically run out of town for only being very good instead of unbelievable. 

Don't underestimate how fickle the fan can be. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.