What's Zemgus' Role

3putt

Apparently DB and Girgs had a heart to heart. Bylsma has said expect to see primary pairs, I.e. Eichel/Kane and ROR/Ennis. But Girgs has no pair, no defined role. I think he is a hell of lot more valuable long term than Ennis. I also think he will be the better player. So what becomes of Zemgus? I am curious to hear others thoughts. Perhaps I am overvaluing him and he is fodder for GMTM to move. After all he isn't one of Murray's guys.

I don't watch as many games as I should and am fairly new to paying attention to hockey with an actual interest. I know girgs is a high energy give it everything he has every shift kind of guy run threw a brick wall if you ask him to but what is his ceiling? Is he gonna score a lot of goals? I saw above that a third line shut down role is best for him. Will he develop into more or is he what he is

Apparently DB and Girgs had a heart to heart. Bylsma has said expect to see primary pairs, I.e. Eichel/Kane and ROR/Ennis. But Girgs has no pair, no defined role. I think he is a hell of lot more valuable long term than Ennis. I also think he will be the better player. So what becomes of Zemgus? I am curious to hear others thoughts. Perhaps I am overvaluing him and he is fodder for GMTM to move. After all he isn't one of Murray's guys.

If Murray trades Girgs it will only expedite the time frame in which we try to run him out of town.

I have felt for awhile Murray has one more big move in him. He doesn't have a ton of chips left. Unfortunately Girgs is one of them.

If Murray trades Girgs it will only expedite the time frame in which we try to run him out of town.

I have felt for awhile Murray has one more big move in him. He doesn't have a ton of chips left. Unfortunately Girgs is one of them.

Wait, what? If Murray trades Girgs, there will be no need to run him out of town, he will already be gone

And Girgs isn't going anywhere IMO. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was on the "you can ###### off with that" list when we traded for Kane, and we all know about Murray's love for Evander

Edited by WildCard

I think Girgs role is exactly what it has been: top six minutes adding grit to an offensive pair and/or anchoring a shutdown line, as situations and opponents dictate, wing or centre - basically an edgy jack of all trades and a plug-and-play coach's dream.

I think we need to get used to the fact that Bylsma is not going to follow a conventional four-line depth chart.

Apparently Zemgus will need some time to get used to it too.

I think Girgs role is exactly what it has been: top six minutes adding grit to an offensive pair and/or anchoring a shutdown line, as situations and opponents dictate, wing or centre - basically an edgy jack of all trades and a plug-and-play coach's dream.

I think we need to get used to the fact that Bylsma is not going to follow a conventional four-line depth chart.

Apparently Zemgus will need some time to get used to it too.

We are 4 games in , and Bylsma uses 3 lines alot, and he mixes them during games as he sees fit.    Girgensons and his talent level belongs on 3C spot, but he'll get moved around just like any other player on the roster to win a game.

I think you need to relax a bit more, you are to much doom and gloom lately :D

Wait, what? If Murray trades Girgs, there will be no need to run him out of town, he will already be gone

And Girgs isn't going anywhere IMO. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was on the "you can ###### off with that" list when we traded for Kane, and we all know about Murray's love for Evander

I was talking about running Murray out of town not Girgs. So far his moves have been basically non-controversial - trading Girgs would not sit well with the fans who have so far given Murray a free pass on every move he has made.

I was talking about running Murray out of town not Girgs. So far his moves have been basically non-controversial - trading Girgs would not sit well with the fans who have so far given Murray a free pass on every move he has made.

Ah that makes much more sense, my mistake. 

That is exactly what I foresee

I think the guy who fills that role on a champion is more than a "nice player". He's gotta be the third best center on the team. Super Bonus Points if he can slide up in the event of an injury to ROR or Jack.

I'd also like to point out that these were his first regular season games since his injury.

please, no one is going to run Murray out of town

All he has to do is give them some puppy dog eyes and say in a sultry voice "zero ****s given" and they will all be back to fighting over who gets to sit next to him during his HOF ceremony speech.

I like Gus but his legend far out grew his performance. He's a nice player. On a good team he anchors the 3rd line in a shutdown role. As for what DB is doing wit him,god only knows.

I like Gus but his legend far out grew his performance. He's a nice player. On a good team he anchors the 3rd line in a shutdown role. As for what DB is doing wit him,god only knows.

Before he was injured he was on pace for 20 40 60 on the worst non expansion team in modern history. All at 20yo. All at center. I thought his trajectory/ performance was exceeding expectations.

That is exactly what I foresee

Do you see Ennis in a top 6 role on that same championship team? I am sincere in my inquiry as I am trying to wipe the fog of Eichelmania away and evaluate the talent level and who GMTM and DB see as the cornerstones.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.