TSN: NHL cocaine use

Hoss

Now a beer league player in southern california, I can say with first hand experience that the cocaine problem has trickled down to all levels of play.

I mean honestly if that's what someone wants to do, and they're not hurting anyone else, I couldn't care less. Do whatever makes you happy

Is beer league really a level of play?

Not according to Bryan Murray.

Wikstrand had indicated to the Senators organization that he did not feel he was ready to play in North America this season and was looking to return back to Sweden to play this season after pulling himself out of the team's rookie tournament.

Murray said all of that is fine, but that he Wikstrand can't play hockey this season. Unless it's for the Senators or in a beer league.

"I have all the options, he just can't play hockey," Murray told the media on Friday when asked about the situation. "I told him he could go back and be a grocery clerk, he can play in the beer leagues, but he can not play hockey in any shape or form unless he plays for the Ottawa Senators organization."

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25316420/senators-suspend-prospect-for-leaving-camp-gm-says-he-can-play-in-beer-league

there's the rub.

Guys, obviously 'happy' and 'hurting anyone else' is a relative and broad statement. In this case, it means are you physically hurting anyone else, and is it making your life enjoyable. Does that mean it is good for you, that you should do it, that it's not hurting someone else in a way that isn't illegal, or that it will make your genuine happiness actually improve? Of course not. If it doesn't, and you care about the people you emotionally or fiscally hurt, then don't do it, because that consequently means it isn't making you happy.

But if you want to say screw it, and lock yourself in your room and do drugs from dusk till dawn and you're not driving or peddling it off to kids or something, what do I care? If you think you can deal with the fiscal, social, and physical responsibility of a habit, go for it.

Edited by WildCard

Which current/former Sabres do we speculate like the coke?  Go.

Current:  Kane (confirmed), O'Reilly, Gionta, Legwand, McGinn, Gorges (confirmed), Lehner, Bogosian (confirmed)

Past: Roy (confirmed), Briere, Hasek (confirmed), Hawerchuk, Andreychuk,  Mogilny, Barrasso (confirmed), Housley, there's just so many I'll stop there

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.