Camp Battles

Johnny DangerFace

Pick Em  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Pick *6 Skaters* who you think will make the team (at least 2 Defensemen, 3 Skaters)

• Sam Reinhart
    • Nick Desluariers
    • David Legwand
    • Cody McCormick
    • Patrick Kaleta
    • Tim Schaller
    • Cal O'Reilly
    • Jason Akeson
    • Mike Weber
    • Carlo Colaiacovo
    • Matt Donovan
    • Jake McCabe
    • Bobby Sanguinetti
    • Chad Ruhwedel
  2. 2. Pick 1 Goalie who you think will make the team

• Chad Johnson
    • Andrey Makarov

Here are the 100% locks imo (didn't include players who are virtually almost certainly locks).  Out of the remaining players in the poll, you do you think makes the team?

Skaters (15/21)

Ennis

O'Reilly

Moulson

Kane

Girgensons

Gionta

Foligno

Larsson

Eichel

McGinn

---------

Bogosian

Franson

Gorges

Ristolainen

Pysyk

Goalies (1/2)

Lehner

So I think the camp battles have to be:

(1) Makarov v. Johnson,

(2) Weber, Colaiacovo, McCabe, Donovan, Ruhwedel, and Sanguinetti battling for 2 or 3 spots

(3) Reinhart, Deslauriers, McCormick, Kaleta, Legwand, Schaller, Cal O'Relily, and Akeson battling for 3 or 4 spots

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

AWEsome thread and timing, JD. With camp coming, and all eyes on the "prizes", this will refocus me on a most important element of a camp. That is, determining positions at the margin, not simply watching the development of the givens.

I feel good about Johnson as number two in net. Most will, I believe. I'd be interested in the voices who watched Makarov in Rochester.

Schaller and McCormick intrigue me, too. Hope Cody's well, of course. At the same time, if Schaller shows development, he could surprise. I understand he doesn't bring one role McCormick brings, but I think that's more a team role than an individual role. I'll say Schaller. Is that an upset?

Edited by Neo

AWEsome thread and timing, JD.  With camp coming, and all eyes on the "prizes", this will refocus me on a most important element of a camp.  That is, determining positions at the margin, not simply watching the development of the givens.

I feel good about Johnson as number two in net.  Most will, I believe.   I'd be interested in the voices who watched him in Rochester.

Schaller and McCormick intrigue me, too.  Hope Cody's well, of course.   At the same time, if Schaller shows development, he could surprise.  I understand he doesn't bring one role McCormick brings, but I think that's more a team role than an individual role.  I'll say Schaller.  Is that an upset?

I'm hoping schaller has a really good camp, he's definitely a dark horse.  My only underdog pick is Donovan, and I don't know how much of an underdog he is...

Also added ruhwedel as an option for inkman

Nice idea. I'd add Ryan's big brother Cal to the list of guys who have an opportunity.

That said, I would be shocked if Deslauriers, Reinhart and Weber aren't on the team.

And I'd be surprised if Colaiacovo, McCormick and Legwand don't join them.

McCabe, Donovan and Schaller have a shot, Kaleta a long shot.

Burning Eyes absolutely makes the team. I have Johnson over Makarov. I like Rudy as an AHL defenseman. That's where he belongs. Legwand is in. As much as I'd love to see Sam in Roch(I'm selfish) he makes it. I could see a battle between Kaleta and McCormick. McCabe gets another year as an Amerk.

Johnson

Weber Colo (I am NOT learning to spell this name.  He's a short timer)

Reinhart, Deslaurier, McCormick, Legwand

There is your 23.  Not a long shot in the bunch,.

If I had money down, this would be where it would go. Is McCormick fully recovered? If not, could see them going 8 D and Donovan stay up.

Wouldn't expect McCabe unless he'll be a regular.

Johnson is practically a shoe in

I wonder if Ruhwedal ends up traded since even the AHL team is rather full in terms of Dmen.

I think McCormick may end up on IR if he's not ready, so that he can have more time to recover.

Legwand and Delauries are givens.

I think if Schaller does well, they'll give Legwand a chance before sending him down.

Johnson is practically a shoe in

I wonder if Ruhwedal ends up traded since even the AHL team is rather full in terms of Dmen.

I think McCormick may end up on IR if he's not ready, so that he can have more time to recover.

Legwand and Delauries are givens.

I think if Schaller does well, they'll give Legwand a chance before sending him down.

I guess they could trade Rudy. I'm not sure why they would as he ate up a lot of minutes and was leading defense in goals scored. Hell he was a team leader in goals at one point. Im no GM though so what the hell do I know?

Johnson

Weber Colo (I am NOT learning to spell this name.  He's a short timer)

Reinhart, Deslaurier, McCormick, Legwand

There is your 23.  Not a long shot in the bunch,.

This seems to be the general consensus, and I'll throw my hat in there as well. I think the roster is pretty much penciled in at this point, barring any surprises. Which I don't think there will be.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.