SabreSpaceBlue & SabreSpaceGold 2015-2016 Edition

nobody

I added Z-Man so we will need another owner if anyone is interested in the Gold League. 14 Teams - 2 seven team divisions, is everyone OK with this? 

I was thinking Sunday Oct 4th for the draft, 7:30? 

Is shots under goaltending, shot percentage?

Also can we get rid of shooting percentage? 

I can take out shooting percentage and replace with shots against, anyone object? 

That would give us 16 total categories, 6 for goaltenders. That seems like a good balance, IMO. 

I added Z-Man so we will need another owner if anyone is interested in the Gold League. 14 Teams - 2 seven team divisions, is everyone OK with this? 

I was thinking Sunday Oct 4th for the draft, 7:30? 

I can take out shooting percentage and replace with shots against, anyone object? 

That would give us 16 total categories, 6 for goaltenders. That seems like a good balance, IMO. 

I meant shooting percentage for forwards, I am not sure if that actually really matters.

Under goaltending, it just says 'shots' and I wondered if that was just shots against? or is it save%?

Edited by LGR4GM

Here are all of the stat categories yahoo has

Forwards/Defensemen:
Goals
Assists
Penalty Minutes
Powerplay Goals
Powerplay Assists
Powerplay Points
Shorthanded Goals
Shorthanded Assists
Shorthanded Points
Game-Winning Goals
Shots on Goal
Shooting Percentage
Faceoffs Won
Faceoffs Lost
Hits
Blocks

Goaltenders:
Games Started
Wins
Losses
Goals Against
Goals Against Average
Shots Against
Saves
Save Percentage
Shutouts

Blue league managers, this is what I have for scoring this season, let me know if you'd like to change something

Forwards/Defensemen:
Goals
Assists
Penalty Minutes
Powerplay Goals
Powerplay Assists
Powerplay Points
Shorthanded Goals
Shorthanded Assists

Shorthanded Points
Game-Winning Goals
Shots on Goal
Shooting Percentage
Faceoffs Won
Faceoffs Lost
Hits
Blocks

Goaltenders:
Games Started
Wins
Losses
Goals Against

Goals Against Average
Shots Against
Saves

Save Percentage
Shutouts

I tend to set my roster on Mondays and then check in daily for adjustments and roster moves. Keep in mind if you add a free agent or trade for a player, you will have to reset your roster from that point forward if you already did so earlier in the week (it jumbles things up). The benches in gold are pretty small so there shouldn't be too much roster adjustment, so you could conceivably set once a week and not miss out on too much.

For blue

I really dislike shot % seems like a fairly random one week to week.

Personally I would like to see pp points and games started instead of both pp goal and assists

Also shots against or saves as opposed to shooting %

Does anyone else feel this way as well? Personally I like save %, because then it's more about the goalie you pick and not how crummy his team is. 

I like save % I just don't like shooting % as a category

I added saves and games started, and dropped shooting %. I kept pp goals/assists instead of pp points because I think there's a huge value in the pp goals generated by someone like Ovechkin or Stamkos as opposed to merely setting them up for one-timer assists. IMO, pp goals > pp assists, especially secondary assists, so I kept them separate. If more people agree with you though, we can always change it; I'd like input from everyone in Blue to make it as fun as possible.

As for a draft time, how about Sunday, October 4th, 7:30 pm? I like DeLuca's suggested time above, mostly because I'm in night classes every day of the week but Friday, and I might not be home Saturday night. I can always make adjustments if people can't do this date. 

Was just wondering, if there was anyway of us moving the Gold draft a little later at night? It's currently set for 7:30pm. Even moving it to 8pm would be a huge help. I'm a season tix holder for the Bills and i usually arrive back in Rochester around 730. If not, no biggy.

That shouldn't be a problem. If anyone has an issue with 8 just let me know. 

Was just wondering, if there was anyway of us moving the Gold draft a little later at night? It's currently set for 7:30pm. Even moving it to 8pm would be a huge help. I'm a season tix holder for the Bills and i usually arrive back in Rochester around 730. If not, no biggy.

I would support moving the draft to an entirely different night or doing it even later. I play hockey at 7:30 on Sundays.

The Terrors will be back. Will accept the invite tomorrow.

We will have 12 teams and 2 Divisions. 

Adams Division:

50 Shades of Rob Ray

DeLuca 67's

Don't Toews Me Bro

wjag

Pauls' Pleasant Team

Ruffians

Norris Division:

Andrew's Team

Dutch Snuggerudder

Ghost of Rasmus Past

Labatt Blue

LetTheSufferingBegin

Taro's Terrors  

I would support moving the draft to an entirely different night or doing it even later. I play hockey at 7:30 on Sundays.

Does Monday the 5th work for everyone? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.