Roster review: #47 Zach Bogosian

dudacek

Zach Bogosian  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What are your early reviews on the Bogosian acquisition?

• Love it. He’s a better player than Myers.
    • Like it a lot. He’s equal to Myers and fits this team better.
    • Bogosian’s a good player. I’d rather have Myers, but Kane tips the deal in our favour.
    • Bogosian is inconsistent and gets hurt a lot. I’d rather we traded the kids for Kane and kept Myers

Zach B and Ristolainen are our best d-Men, with that said I am not sure if we should put them together, maybe to start the year and then as the young mature spilt them up to reduce their ice-time.

Zach B is a solid all-a-round D man and is physical.  The exact type of player you want come playoff time.  GMTM seems to know what he is doing by making a team tough to play against in a playoff series and not one that just gets there!  By the way I always liked Myers but Zach is what you want in a D-Man!

Go Sabres

Bogosian is exactly what the Jets were missing in their series against Anaheim, a rough and tumble D-man who could put some pressure and some hurting on the Ducks forwards.

Bogosian is exactly what the Jets were missing in their series against Anaheim, a rough and tumble D-man who could put some pressure and some hurting on the Ducks forwards.

I hadn't though of that but yes, they lacked his consistency, since Buff disappeared like a ninja.

I think his ceiling is around Seabrook in stats. 5 to 8 goals and 20 or so assists if he ends up with help seems realistic.

And, ya know, a goaltender not named Pavelec could have helped :P

I was so *shocked* that his stellar, way-above-career-average goaltending numbers he put up in their stretch run didn't maintain themselves once they got into their first round matchup!

Edited by Thorny

I like the way Weave and weave both look (as in physical shape of the word).  qwksnd looks so much better to me than Qwksnd.  That big, dumb Q just ruins the look. 

I'm very (case) sensitive guy.  Speaking of personal problems, I have an apostrophe to share with you.   '

As a sensitive guy, you should understand that as long as you are not trying to share your colon with me, I'll be ok. The thought of that would turn my exclamation point into a comma. 

• 5 weeks later...

Stumbled across this article by SI right after the trade comparing Myers and Bogo.  It's pretty critical of Bogo's play.  I may be biased but I thought he looked very good since joining the team near the deadline.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/02/12/whos-better-tyler-myers-zach-bogosian-advanced-stats-comparison

Stumbled across this article by SI right after the trade comparing Myers and Bogo. It's pretty critical of Bogo's play. I may be biased but I thought he looked very good since joining the team near the deadline.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/02/12/whos-better-tyler-myers-zach-bogosian-advanced-stats-comparison

No clue if you fall into this category, but I think if you give Sabres fans two similarly flawed players, the majority will have a more favorable view of the one who plays a physical style.

No clue if you fall into this category, but I think if you give Sabres fans two similarly flawed players, the majority will have a more favorable view of the one who plays a physical style.

That, and we tend to overvalue our own, especially in the honeymoon phase.

I don't think Bogo was happy in WPG so maybe the change of scenery is just what he needed.

I guess Chevy couldn't foresee Trouba breaking a bone and Buff cracking a rib!!!!!

Bogo is a punishing D man with above average skating ability. Has a good shot from the point and can play PK. He has good offensive acumen and can eat 22-25 minutes a game.

I guess Chevy couldn't foresee Trouba breaking a bone and Buff cracking a rib!!!!!

Is this tongue-in-cheek? Trouba is FAR from a rough and tumble D-man who is going to put a hurting on the opposing team's forwards.

Yes, we all heard about the excuses, excuse me, injuries that came flooding out of the Winnipeg media 2 to 3 seconds after they had been eliminated from the playoffs. It was easy for them to have the articles pre-written, being down 3-zip they knew the end was not only invevitable but immediate. Like all teams don't suffer the same injuries.

Bogosian would have helped immensely.

If he or Ristolainen can move to the left side they will be our top pairing this year. If we can find a stud left defenseman I think Bogosian would be even better on the 2nd pairing once Ristolainen is ready to assume the role of #1 defenseman. He gets injured a lot but so does Myers and at least Bogosian has a reason for his injuries due to his consistent physical play.

I don't miss watching Tyler Myers fall like a big oak tree for no apparent reason. Guy routinely just fell over.

Is this tongue-in-cheek? Trouba is FAR from a rough and tumble D-man who is going to put a hurting on the opposing team's forwards.

Yes, we all heard about the excuses, excuse me, injuries that came flooding out of the Winnipeg media 2 to 3 seconds after they had been eliminated from the playoffs. It was easy for them to have the articles pre-written, being down 3-zip they knew the end was not only invevitable but immediate. Like all teams don't suffer the same injuries.

Bogosian would have helped immensely.

I don't think any Sabres fans should say anything about D-depth after the 2006 ECF.

I don't think any Sabres fans should say anything about D-depth after the 2006 ECF.

We could have used another reliable D-man in 06, much like the Jets could have used Bogosian this past playoffs.

Although in 06, the amount of injuries we had on D got to a ridiculous level.

A healthy Bogo would have helped any team in the playoffs, I'm not disputing that. Even if he has never played an NHL playoff game. Where was he going to play with Buff, Trouba and Myers already playing the RHD psoition? The Jets still lose the series 4-0 with Bogo in the lineup. The Jets lost in the playoffs for the simple reason that the Ducks were the better team. Period.

Also, you should watch Trouba play before making uninformed opinions of him. The guy is a big strong D man with as mean a streak as Bogo. Clears the puck smarter and adds way more to the O than Bogo ever will. Plays over 23 minutes a game in his 2nd year in the league. Easily the most important player in all the Jets' organization.

A healthy Bogo would have helped any team in the playoffs, I'm not disputing that. Even if he has never played an NHL playoff game. Where was he going to play with Buff, Trouba and Myers already playing the RHD psoition? The Jets still lose the series 4-0 with Bogo in the lineup. The Jets lost in the playoffs for the simple reason that the Ducks were the better team. Period.

Also, you should watch Trouba play before making uninformed opinions of him. The guy is a big strong D man with as mean a streak as Bogo. Clears the puck smarter and adds way more to the O than Bogo ever will. Plays over 23 minutes a game in his 2nd year in the league. Easily the most important player in all the Jets' organization.

Nice.

I have in fact seen Trouba play many a game, several in person in Winnipeg. He's not the rough and tumble player Bogosian is.

He also has a tendency to turn the puck over at inopportune times. He's going to be a great defenseman but has a lot to learn still. Obviously between the two, everyone would take Trouba, myself included. But we were talking just of grit.

Again, my opinion on him is neither sight unseen nor uninformed.

Edit: There isn't a stat to measure "mean streak", but for what it's worth, Trouba had 97 hits last year, and Bogosian had 189.

Edited by Thorny

Well, maybe because the puck is in his end more?

Trouba clears the zone exponentially better than Bogo and has just as mean a streak.

I just don't see it this way. But the point in general is rather inconsquential as a Bogosian/Trouba comparisson is neither here nor there. We can agree to disagree at the risk of this going in circles.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.