ROR Impaired Driving Charges Dismissed

Brawndo

Big Reinhart fan, here.  He'd be my jersey, if I spent money on posing like being a Sabres fan.

GOT TO FIT IN!  GOT TO POSE.

JESUS CHRIST (I MEAN JACK EICHEL), HOW WILL I EVER FIT IN?!!

WELL, IF IT ISN'T PLASTIC SURGERY, IT SURE WILL BE AN EICHEL JERSEY.

If it ends up being plastic surgery, will you get a show on E!, as well, called "I Am Marcellus"?

C'mon, Hoss. That's funny.

I do hope that nfeeman doesn't mind me recounting this little tale, but I got good and drunk recently, spouted off pretty wildly here on SabreSpace, and used some language that some could possibly have deemed offensive.

Don't worry, I reported myself.  Nfreeman let me off with a warning.

The moral of the story is, when you get drunk and ###### up, come clean immediately.  Don't try and pretend like you didn't just put the new proverbial drive-thru window into the old Tim Hortons.  The powers that be will catch up to you eventually, and the interest will compound on your mistakes.  We can self-regulate here on this board, so if you find yourself running afoul of the rules, just report yourself immediately.  It makes things a whole lot easier on everyone, and nfreemans an understanding dude.  

I figure that if I had leaved the scene of the accident, and not reported myself immediately, mods would have come down on me HARD.  And I wouldn't be able to post this little nugget of wisedumb. 

Edited by I am Marcellus

I read recently that the Bob & Doug bit came from a Canadian law that mandates a certain percentage of Canadian content.  So they decided to meet the requirement by satirizing Canadian content.

Essentially. They got told that the show wasn't 'Canadian enough' even though it was shot in TO (IIRC) and most everybody involved was Canadian. The McKenzies were their way of skewering that mandate. Much like WKRP's 'Fish Story' was a response to network pinheads at CBS.

Sometimes ticking comedians off results in some funny s***. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The adjournment may be a tell that a plea is in the works.

A plea was in the works since the moment he was charged. If ROR and his attorney had a plan to present to the judge for the purpose of mitigating the max sentence, it is possible that has not been completed.  For example he may be attending alcohol  counseling, or taking a DUI awareness or preparing a program he plans to give to HS students about the ills of DWI.  Or the judge could have gotten a hot tip that the fish were biting and he cleared his schedule.   :D

• 3 weeks later...

O'Reilly's quotes in the media today - widely available - seem to indicate that the matter is going to be resolved by a plea to a lesser charge, a fine, community service, etc. 

ROR did not go quite so far as to say that, but it seemed implied. He was very apologetic - even mentioned being sorry that there were kids who had to become aware of the incident. Because, really. Won't SOMEONE think about the children?!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ryan-o-reilly-apologizes-for-impaired-driving-charge-174516754.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

O'Reilly's quotes in the media today - widely available - seem to indicate that the matter is going to be resolved by a plea to a lesser charge, a fine, community service, etc. 

ROR did not go quite so far as to say that, but it seemed implied. He was very apologetic - even mentioned being sorry that there were kids who had to become aware of the incident. Because, really. Won't SOMEONE think about the children?!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/ryan-o-reilly-apologizes-for-impaired-driving-charge-174516754.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

At least he's saying the right things. Will give him the benefit of the doubt that he's sincere until there's reason to not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.