Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

I should have noted that the GR guys premised this upon Kane being ok with it.  They said the first step would be for Murray to talk with Kane.

Buttfugly had 60+ points from the blueline last year.  Do we think the Sabres are getting that with a mid-first-round 2016 pick?

I'm more concerned about salary issues down the road.

Maybe not a mid rounder, but we will be picking in the top 10 in 2016.  And yes, we will do as good if not better than Buff.  

Bad idea on so many levels:

1. Kane and Byfuglien don't have the best history with the whole track suit issue and the middle finger picture from whatever article got posted on here a while back

2. Byfuglien is on an expiring contract so trading for him means we'd likely lose assets only to see him bolt unless we luck into a seller's market at the deadline but even then we aren't likely to recoup later what we'd have to give up now

3. He is 30 so re-signing him would likely mean overpaying him only to watch him decline over the course of the contract extension

4. He's a right handed shot and our hole is on the left side. Just once could we please get a square peg to put into a square hole? Please?

No to Buff in Buff. You're essentially guaranteeing that you've acquired Winnipeg's problem because everybody says it was either Kane or Buff.

I'm confident we got the non-issue player. Let's keep it that way.

Also, if we are looking to acquire players, can we pick ones from teams that were actually good?

Also, if we are looking to acquire players, can we pick ones from teams that were actually good?

Sure, if they're parting with the players that actually helped them be good rather than just ancillary pieces, but we know that normally doesn't happen. Good-but-not-great players on winning teams get overrated while good-but-not-great players on bad teams get underrated.

Sure, if they're parting with the players that actually helped them be good rather than just ancillary pieces, but we know that normally doesn't happen. Good-but-not-great players on winning teams get overrated while good-but-not-great players on bad teams get underrated.

So, Moulson then?

Nah moulson has 3 more good years atleast, he came into the league later than most players to, less physical wear and tear on him.

Of course he can have three good years left. I just don't think he's getting 30 goals and 65 points again. Just because I think he's declined doesn't mean I think he's dead.

Of course he can have three good years left. I just don't think he's getting 30 goals and 65 points again. Just because I think he's the league scorinig has declined doesn't mean I think he's the leagure is dead.

Fixed! :)

Of course he can have three good years left. I just don't think he's getting 30 goals and 65 points again. Just because I think he's declined doesn't mean I think he's dead.

If he doesn't, he's dead to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I might.  Do you think Tampa wants him off the books that badly?

If no one bites on Carle, they'll be in some trouble potentially. They will have a mere 1.7mil in cap space once they put Ohlund on LTIR and next year while Coburn and Ohlund come off the books they'll have all these RFA/UFAs including Stamkos, Killorn, Brown, Namestnikov, Kucherov, Paquette, and Witkowski, Coburn.

The following year they'll have Hedman, Boyle, Johnson, Palat, Drouin, and both goalies.

So while not desperate, they will have some problems in the near future, and he was acquired for a 2nd, a college guy, and a 7th a year ago. 

So we maybe looking at more of a 3rd and 2nd in 2017 but I'd still do that.

• 4 weeks later...

I mentioned Campbell a while back. He can't play big minutes anymore (let alone for a couple years), but he'd be an upgrade to what we have. The sentimental value is obviously there, and he's only got one year left on his monster deal. I still support the idea of bringing him back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.