Not a big Rangers fan, but damned if don't love their goal song...

matter2003

Love the song "Slapshot" played after Ranger goals...however, the all-time best goal song still goes to the now defunct Hartford Whalers and "Brass Bonanza"...remember loving when the Sabres played in Hartford growing up so I could hear the song after the Whalers scored....

A custom version of the Hawaii 5-O theme could be made to work in a similar way the Whalers song.

I think you're on the right track. Over the top, fun, big, bold... Think the Hawks and Chelsea Dagger. I have no confidence they're going to ever get things right in that arena. but they have a great chance to start over next season.

The current goal song, the U2 song with the refrain "Your voices will be heard," is overthinking things ways too much.

Edited by PASabreFan

So we need a brass band and some recording equipment... let's get on this

I think this is the perfect tempo and energy to actually skate out onto the ice for, but I'd rather have the original Sabre Dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IpoRdP4SXg

This would be a great goal song except for the "I'm gonna make sweet love to you" part....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SW2Z3_d8I

Sorry for the first misdirect....

Edited by Ghost of Dwight Drane

I think this is the perfect tempo and energy to actually skate out onto the ice for, but I'd rather have the original Sabre Dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IpoRdP4SXg

This would be a great goal song except for the "I'm gonna make sweet love to you" part....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SW2Z3_d8I

Did you see Whiplash? Maybe the band leader can come in and work with Eichel, break the kid down and build him back up again. Actually I heard Lindy's lashing of Luke Adam was the inspiration for this film.

Did you see Whiplash? Maybe the band leader can come in and work with Eichel, break the kid down and build him back up again. Actually I heard Lindy's lashing of Luke Adam was the inspiration for this film.

Actually....our high school teacher was worse, and one of the reasons I can identify what Lindy did to Adam to get to Kassian. F'n with Kassian was his goal, but he picked on the guy with the IQ the same as his jersey number and who he knew wouldn't hit back. 

I would call out his mind-F's on people and he didn't like it. He threw stands at people, would belittle them.....dude....you are teaching 14-18 year olds who are trying to enjoy a hobby. At least Whiplash was the top level of the education game.

I actually offered to throw a Whiplash party on Facebook to those still in the area and watch it on PPV.

Love the song "Slapshot" played after Ranger goals...however, the all-time best goal song still goes to the now defunct Hartford Whalers and "Brass Bonanza"...remember loving when the Sabres played in Hartford growing up so I could hear the song after the Whalers scored....

I'm saying it again:  you can set the words to "Sympathy for the Devil" to "Brass Bonanza" and it works perfectly.

While I liked the "Swords of 1000 men" idea that bounced around here a few years ago (catchy and there's obvious sing-a-long parts), I'll say it again: given the last two seasons, I think The Heavy's "How you like me now" with a couple edits would make a great goal song. Cut out (or back) the verses and just use the chrous and bridge.

While I liked the "Swords of 1000 men" idea that bounced around here a few years ago (catchy and there's obvious sing-a-long parts), I'll say it again: given the last two seasons, I think The Heavy's "How you like me now" with a couple edits would make a great goal song. Cut out (or back) the verses and just use the chrous and bridge.

Great! They could skate out to that heavy beat and the same sound could be the "impending power play" cue. Sabres turning up the heat, faceoff in the offensve zone? thump thump thump thump. Game over? Extended version.

I agree. I think it's a great choice. You should email the recommendation to Ted Black.

I may be tired, or actually asleep at the keyboard, but didn't they play Swords of a Thousand Men for a while in the arena? Did Jeremy White lead the charge or was it d4rk? I honestly get those two mixed up. Then, IIANM, Ghost rode in and exposed the group as a bunch of sword crossers and that was the end of that. I really want to believe that's how it all went down.

No need to develop a new Sabres song.

We already have just what we need in the archives.  Just have to dust it off and possibly alter some of the names in the lyrics a bit.

This is funny.  I watched the first song you listed and thought "nah....but hey, this reminds me...whatever was that song the Whalers used to play?"

I then scrolled down another couple inches and there it was!

LOL

Ah, if only we still played in the Adams Division, the Whalers were still playing that song, and Quebec City had a team!  Hockey was better back then.  Way better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.