2015 NHL Playoffs: Round 3

LGR4GM

I'm sick of Chicago winning, time to let another team have a crack at the cup.... They're a great team, no doubt.... But I wanna see Anaheim or NY lift Lord Stanley

If Anaheim goes to the cup final they'll be the only team to have three SC finals appearances over the last 12 seasons. I don't think they're losers by any stretch.

I'm sick of Chicago winning, time to let another team have a crack at the cup.... They're a great team, no doubt.... But I wanna see Anaheim or NY lift Lord Stanley

Eh, they'll drop off some naturally soon between the cap crunch next year and Hossa's age (I'm assuming he will, at some point, prove to be human). 

More hockey, as opposed the less hockey, is always a good thing,... I mean,... unless you are talking about the Sabres this year.

Don't think anyone can argue that :lol:

Eh, they'll drop off some naturally soon between the cap crunch next year and Hossa's age (I'm assuming he will, at some point, prove to be human).

If they handle this cap purge like they did the one right after their 2010 cup win, they'll be just fine, and I have no reason to believe they won't. I hope we're just like Chicago.

If they handle this cap purge like they did the one right after their 2010 cup win, they'll be just fine, and I have no reason to believe they won't. I hope we're just like Chicago.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but my off the cuff guess is Toews and Kane's new deals will eat up a higher percentage of the cap than their old deals. Plus I do think the Hossa and Sharp age thing is going to matter this time around. I don't think they'll fall off a cliff or anything, but I'd be surprised if they kept this pace of success.

Hossa is something special. I always thought he was really good, but never realized just how much. This years playoffs has really showed me something. His game is so understated, but he is never not a part of the play if he is on the ice.

If only he'd be still be 36 in 3-5 years.

Jagr's numbers have dropped a bit, but the guy has aged well. Put up 67 points in the 2013/14 season as a 42 year old. Had 18 in the last 20 games w/ the Panthers this year. Still wouldn't give up much for Hossa. Not everyone drinks from the fountain of youth. 

I love Shaw, he's such a bastard.  My favorite players are always the ones I would never ever ever want to play against.

I picked the Ducks to win the cup last year, and was mad at them when they fizzled out.  This year, I remembered that and picked the Hawks.  That said, I give the Ducks a 53% chance of winning game 7.

If the Ducks can match up top lines against the 3rd defensive pairing for Chicago, Chicago will lose.

This is the precise reason that Boudreau changed lines last game. Wanted to roll deep with four lines, but it didn't work too well.

This is the precise reason that Boudreau changed lines last game. Wanted to roll deep with four lines, but it didn't work too well.

But who has last change now?  With that in his pocket and the 3rd defensive pair so terrible in Chicago, he should be able to exploit it for at least a goal. 

But who has last change now? With that in his pocket and the 3rd defensive pair so terrible in Chicago, he should be able to exploit it for at least a goal.

Good point. He won't need to stretch the talent across four lines with the last change.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.