2015 NHL Playoffs - Round 2

Hoss

Our last Game 7 was a good game as far as I remember it, and the Sabs would have won, had they even three NHL defensemen.

Exactly. There should be nothing mild about a game 7.

I think you forgot our last game 7 was against the Flyers. We had 5 NHL d-men and Marc andre grag. And the game sucked.

Pretty clear elbow to the head by Orpik right there.

Elbow was tucked into his body. That's legal.

well not sure that was a legal hit, because Orpik left his skates.

I think he's good if he doesn't launch into the hit. I didn't see it as illegal, anyway.

Milbury hates anything related to Buffalo. He's furious at the Orpik hit calling it "predatory". Orpik didn't purposely hit him with a shoulder or an elbow to the head, it was his biceps area that made contact. It was a brutal hit, but I don't think there was intent to injure. It's another case of a big guy hitting a smaller guy. Those hits are always going to be tough to judge. But because Orpik is from Buffalo, Milbury thinks it was dirty. If Chara made that same hit....he would be praising it as a clean hockey play.

As much as I generally enjoy being right about things...the Rangers advancing is proof there are no hockey gods. 

They were completely outplayed by Washington tonight

Feel bad for Ovie too. He really improved his overall game this year, and it was noticeable in the playoffs. I hope he's not one of those greats that never sees the big stage, or doesn't until he's 38

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.