2015 IIHF Championship Prague May 1-17

Brawndo

Sidney Crosby just announced he will be on the Team Canada Roster when the games start on May 1st. He will join Tyler Ennis from the Sabres on an impressive Canadian Squad.

Future Sabre Jack Eichel will represent the Americans and it will be interesting to see how he does against NHL Players

Link to website

http://www.iihfworlds2015.com

Edited by BRAWNDO

Seth Jones added to US Roster

Games to be televised on NBCSN here is the schedule

USA versus Finland, 10 a.m. Friday

USA versus Norway, 11 p.m. Saturday (same-day delay)

USA versus Russia, 10 a.m. next Monday

USA versus Belarus, 10 a.m. May 7

USA versus Denmark, 2 p.m. May 8

USA versus Slovenia, 3 p.m. May 10 (same-day delay)

USA versus Slovakia, 10 a.m. May 12.

NBC Sports will also televise the quarterfinals, semifinals, bronze- and gold-medal games starting May 14. The tournament concludes May 17.

Thanks for the info Brawndo, much appreciated.

If Eichel's playing I guess that means I'm skipping Physics Friday morning

Your welcome.

Oilers fans get to salivate watching McDavid in the OHL Playoffs, it will be nice to see Eichel against NHL Talent.

Kinda surprising isn't it?

Does anyone think he's better than anyone on that fourth line?

It's very surprising. My only guess is that his style of play matches his linemates, and they might want to keep that Colorado connection together. 

If Canada doesn't run away with this, I'll be amazed.

Anyone else girding for the onslaught of criticism for Eichel when he's not putting up three points a game in this tourney like McJesus is in the OHL playoffs? That said, this is a great guage for Eichel to use and can only serve to inform him as to where he needs to develop his game moving forward.

GO SABREE!!!

That said, this is a great guage for Eichel to use and can only serve to inform him as to where he needs to develop his game moving forward.

Good call.  At the very least, it's a little taste of the big leagues for Jacky boy to chew on for a few months... motivation during summer training, a measuring stick for where he is/wants to be, what specific parts of his game need work to be NHL-caliber/NHL-ready.  That kinda thing.

Canada is stacked.

Good to see Ennis penciled into the top 6.

The best American players are still in the NHL playoffs (Parise, Suter, Kane, Carlson, Fowler, Kesler, Tyler Johnson, Orpik, Callahan,  Pacioretty, etc..).

Stange to see so many great Canadian players already bounced from the playoffs.

The best American players are still in the NHL playoffs (Parise, Suter, Kane, Carlson, Fowler, Kesler, Tyler Johnson, Orpik, Callahan,  Pacioretty, etc..).

I can only conclude that American players are superior to Canadian players when it comes to NHL playoff hockey.

GO SABRES!!!

That must be the case.  Hockeybuzz (I know) discusses Eichel and Team USA and holy that is a roster.  Eichel their #1 centre I presume??

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Michael-Pachla/USAs-Jack-Eichel-in-Prague-hittin-the-ice-with-the-big-boys/209/68301

That must be the case.  Hockeybuzz (I know) discusses Eichel and Team USA and holy ###### that is a ###### roster.  Eichel their #1 centre I presume??

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Michael-Pachla/USAs-Jack-Eichel-in-Prague-hittin-the-ice-with-the-big-boys/209/68301

Usually the roster fills as the tourney goes. As teams exit the playoffs in N. America, players join. 

Did anyone catch the USA/Austria game yesterday? I was able to watch the last 2 periods on-line. I'm hoping that it was just an off night and also know that one game doesn't say much but...Eichel was pretty un-impressive IMO.

The worst for me was that they sent him in to take 3 important face-offs: 2-PP and 1-PK and he got smoked on all three. I also tried to watch him and only him during his shifts and (something I also noticed during the Frozen Four): He seems to shy away from most physical situations. 

Again, I've only watched him play 4 times this year so it can't be the whole story. But this small sampling has me a little concerned. 

Has anyone else seen these tendencies?

T.

That must be the case.  Hockeybuzz (I know) discusses Eichel and Team USA and holy ###### that is a ###### roster.  Eichel their #1 centre I presume??

No pressure there, asking an 18 year old to be your #1 offensive threat in this tourney. Additionally, I noticed that Auston Matthews scored in their exhibition against Austria yesterday. That's a 17 and 18 year old expected to play major minutes against some of the best pro players in the world. I hope we're patient. 

EDIT: I just learned that Matthews was sent home after playing in yesterday's exhibition. Guess he made history by being the first player to play at that level before becoming draft eligible. I might be on board for another tank!

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.