Roster review: #36 Patrick Kaleta

dudacek

Roster review: Pat Kaleta  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should Patrick Kaleta be a member of the Sabres on opening night this October?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but as an extra, not in the starting lineup

He has cleared waiver once already. I'm guessing he'd clear again. If I were Terry I would keep in the organization and pay him well whether he played, coached or just sat around. That kid has given as much as a guy could give.

I wonder also if another NHL squad would change their opinion on him. Does he have value outside of buffalo?

My gut says that last seasons suspension was a special case.  The league wanted him down in the A, if not out altogether.  I really think there was an agreement among the teams to let him pass through waivers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

...or the league.  Poor guy, he's getting married, too.

It seems like he has outlived many similar players.  There's no shame in that.  I've never been a fan of him and his style of play, but I will readily admit that there are countless hockey players out there who would kill for a chance at the career he has had so far.

It seems like he has outlived many similar players.  There's no shame in that.  I've never been a fan of him and his style of play, but I will readily admit that there are countless hockey players out there who would kill for a chance at the career he has had so far.

Yep. If he was smart, he made more money than I will in my lifetime so he can live out the duration in middle-class style.

A slight tangent here, but I've always been confused by the thought of buying a drink for someone who has far more money than you do.

Never understood it myself in the fan worship sort of realm. But there seems to be a need in many to be associated w/ greatness/coolness no matter how tangentially.

A slight tangent here, but I've always been confused by the thought of buying a drink for someone who has far more money than you do.

Never understood it myself in the fan worship sort of realm. But there seems to be a need in many to be associated w/ greatness/coolness no matter how tangentially.

I see it as "You've provided me enjoyment in the past, let me buy you a drink so I can provide you some enjoyment."

I see it as "You've provided me enjoyment in the past, let me buy you a drink so I can provide you some enjoyment."

LOL almost word for word what I said to Barnaby once after seeing him in the same establishment. 

That's how I see it too. I bought Rick Jeanneret a beer at Buffalo Brothers pizza a few years ago when the Sabres Road Trip was held in Raleigh. I'm sure he was already drinking for free courtesy of the Restaurant but I bought him one anyway as a token of my appreciation for the guy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.