Evan Rodigues Signs with Sabres Confirmed 2 YR Deal

Brawndo

I expect him to start in Rochester and perhaps spend the entire season there. From what I have gathered he is really more of a 3rd line guy and we shouldn't expect his offensive output to match what it did in college. That said most sources comment on his two way game. 

Quick!  Change your projected lineups - Rodrigues on Eichel's right, Kane on his left.  I'm lovin' it.

I know, right?  

He is a smallish college free agent. Long shot to make the NHL. Extreme long shot to play on first line. Think Brian Flynn which isn't a bad thing.

Edited by tom webster

Cool.  Wonder why he went undrafted.

Size and lack of offensive skill at 18 would be my guess.

NO WAI.   :w00t:

Well that should quiet the "Murray's gonna trade up" meme.

Cool:  Plays either wing, shoots right.

I think Murray still wants to trade up, if you mean the 2nd first rounder we own.  Either that or he trades that pick.

He is a smallish college free agent. Long shot to make the NHL. Extreme long shot to play on first line. Think Brian Flynn which isn't a bad thing.

Could he be a bit better and develop into someone like Tyler Johnson? Another smallish player who was extremely smart.

I was actually going to make the Brian Flynn comparison. Another guy who padded his stats skating with elite talent (Nyqvist).

That's not to say that Flynn isn't a useful player though.

Does this help eichel make his decision to move on from bu easier?

Oh boy does it.

Only if you think they'll ever play together. Which is unlikely.

Why do you say that?  They already know how to play together.  What better way to bring Eichel into the NHL?  He shoots right; he can play right wing with Eichel at center and Kane on the left.

Edited by Neuvichs Perchatka

Oh boy does it.

Why do you say that? They already know how to play together. What better way to bring Eichel into the NHL?

You need to think about where he projects. An undrafted college free agent isn't starting in the NHL next year and he's definitely not playing with Eichel.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.