With Kane at #9, how would you feel if Eichel took....#99

dejeanneret

Would you consider mirroring the number of the Great One bold?  Balsy?  Arrogant?  Who cares?

I think with him and McDavid being labeled the next two "generational" talents, I think him doing so would be news.

I also think 99 puts a spotlight on him.  Another player with lesser potential..not so much.

Eichel?  I think that would be a huge statement about the kids confidence and would heighten the expectations the league would have for him.

Thoughts?

Would you consider mirroring the number of the Great One bold?  Balsy?  Arrogant?  Who cares?

I think with him and McDavid being labeled the next two "generational" talents, I think him doing so would be news.

I also think 99 puts a spotlight on him.  Another player with lesser potential..not so much.

Eichel?  I think that would be a huge statement about the kids confidence and would heighten the expectations the league would have for him.

Thoughts?

I would expect Eichel to take #15, as that is the other number he has worn recently in competition. Kane gets 9 because he is clearly the vet.

I would expect Eichel to take #15, as that is the other number he has worn recently in competition. Kane gets 9 because he is clearly the vet.

That or 91 are the #'s I'd expect him to end up with.

No reason for 91 except it's a top line forwardr's # (worn when 9 and 19 aren't available) and pretty sure he'd be the 1st Sabre to wear it.

Edited by Taro T

i see that people have made it abundantly clear that the league retired #99.

in terms of eichel's number, i heard this being discussed on WGR this morning. he wore 9 at BU. his twitter handle references 11 (not available, obviously). someone mentioned that he's worn 15 for the U.S. so, it sounds like it'll be 15.

It'd be great!  No one of significance has ever worn that number so it's certainly Jack Eichel's ball to run with.  What are everyone's thoughts on possibly # 999?  No player has yet to venture out into the 100's but I feel like Jack has the machismo and moxie to take that step!

i see that people have made it abundantly clear that the league retired #99.

in terms of eichel's number, i heard this being discussed on WGR this morning. he wore 9 at BU. his twitter handle references 11 (not available, obviously). someone mentioned that he's worn 15 for the U.S. so, it sounds like it'll be 15.

We all know Rip is gonna give him 58 or whatever until he "earns" it ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.