The Jack Eichel thread.

LGR4GM

Uh-oh, Morey Gare with HH right now wouldn't commit to picking McDavid first. Said Eichel gave them an impressive interview.  Is talking more about Eichel than McDavid in this interview so far...

IMO there is no chance Edmonton passes on McDavid.  NONE.

Apparently Eichel called out Murray for being disappointed about losing the lottery in his interview with the Sabres, and said that he'll be the better player between him and Connor. Love this guy.

And he and McDavid met for the first time yesterday.

I'm feeling an Ovechkin-Crosby type rivalry between these two.

I'm feeling an Ovechkin-Crosby type rivalry between these two.

It's a shame they won't play against each other very often.  I know most hated the thought, but to me Toronto was always the second best option for his landing spot.

great find! 

Apparently Eichel called out Murray for being disappointed about losing the lottery in his interview with the Sabres, and said that he'll be the better player between him and Connor. Love this guy.

And he and McDavid met for the first time yesterday.

That's awesome! 

It's a shame they won't play against each other very often.  I know most hated the thought, but to me Toronto was always the second best option for his landing spot.

Me too. But then when you think about it would such a great rivalry that we would get to see. But didn't happen so screw you Toronto anyways.

Just saw Eichel walking outside of Harborcenter on his way to FNC. He was with three other prospects and a middle aged guy (team rep? volunteer?).

Man is he a big guy for a teenager...

Brawndo!?

It's a shame they won't play against each other very often. I know most hated the thought, but to me Toronto was always the second best option for his landing spot.

If I could go forward in time to ensure were the better team I'd have been on board. But being second best to Toronto in everything hockey for the next 10 years would be the absolute worst. Just not willing to risk that even in just a mental exercise.

This conversation is somewhat pointless, but if we were going to lose the lottery I wanted it to be Columbus. They would've been contenders within two years, but the rivalry in the future would've been incredible. And it would've created a whole new fan base in Ohio.