The Next Coach of the Buffalo Sabres

IKnowPhysics

Yeah but that should happen behind closed doors. No reason to give a public interview. IMO, it makes Holland and the organization look weak.

They didn't do what you said they should with this interview... They did it a week or so ago when it was made known that he will have a window to talk to other teams.

I feel like there's a lot of Babcock fatigue going on around here. This interview was awkward but harmless yet everybody is jumping off the ship because of it. Give it time. He's a great coach and what we all have wanted (aside from GoDD). The best news was that he plans to have a decision by Wednesday which moves it up nearly a week. Be patient. The process is playing out and we'll know soon.

Edited by Hoss

How the hell am I complaining about a coach??? I simply said that having a GM and a coach who isn't sure what he wants to do have a joint interview is odd.

I hope we get Babcock but it isn't the end of the world if we don't.

So if I am one of the misery twins I don't get it. I have made minimal posts in here since the season was over and still get crap. Do you guys really enjoy the same 7-8 posters all the time?? WTF

How the hell am I complaining about a coach??? I simply said that having a GM and a coach who isn't sure what he wants to do have a joint interview is odd.

I hope we get Babcock but it isn't the end of the world if we don't.

So if I am one of the misery twins I don't get it. I have made minimal posts in here since the season was over and still get crap. Do you guys really enjoy the same 7-8 posters all the time?? WTF

No, I feel you. I thought the misery twins comment was pointless and uncalled for, but I think it was obvious that he meant you and somebody.

I do think the complaints about this interview are a little excessive, but I stated the reason why I think that instead of just making a poor comment like MB did.

No, I feel you. I thought the misery twins comment was pointless and uncalled for, but I think it was obvious that he meant you and somebody.

I do think the complaints about this interview are a little excessive, but I stated the reason why I think that instead of just making a poor comment like MB did.

I didn't take any offense to your comments. Good back and forth discussion is what makes these boards. Comments like MB is what ruins them. Totally uncalled for.

It's still a major build. We overvalue our kids; Babcock won't. This is where the diva comes in. He's said it in too many ways. He wants the almost-perfect spot where he can keep winning (instant gratification). Is he insecure about his coaching abilities or just being realistic about how coaching can't overcome a talent deficiency? He'll stay in Detroit because he knows that's his best shot of winning in the short term. They may be getting a little long in the tooth, but it's not like that franchise is going to just fall on hard times.

He's not up to doing the hard, dirty work in Buffalo? Fine. Let's move on.

I agree with this. Anyone decent at their job, and also who has a bit of an ego, is always doubting themselves and looking to prove their worth. It's human nature. In this, I mean accept challenges. It's the only way to prove your worth. If Babcock decides to keep coasting with the Wings, being eliminated in the first round (or worse), then fine. That's not going to define him as one of the greats, because I don't think he'll ever win another Cup with Detroit. He'll be remembered as "good", but not great, because Detroit makes every coach look decent. The reward with turning Buffalo around will label a coach as "great". If he's satisfied with coasting along in Detroit, then we do not want him. In fact, we should run from any coach who doesn't want to accept challenges.

If we don't end up with Babcock, which I'm still 100% for, I want Blashill next. He's benefitted from the Red Wings theory of pushing prospects through the AHL first but those prospects have all benefitted from him. He has been doing a great job coaching them up. I think he's ready for the next step.

My list, if McClellan isn't an option, is:

1. Babcock

2. Blashill

3. Richardson

4. Bylsma

I want Blashill too. He's a proven commodity at developing young players into stars. He would likely bring someone to coach the Amerks too. At the end of the day, I sure hope GMTM has a contingency plan for not getting Babcock and he's happy about it. He obviously was blindsided by not winning the lottery. Edited by kas23

@DaveDavisHockey: On @hockeynight , @FriedgeHNIC says it looks like Babcock's decision will come down to Sabres, Leafs or Red Wings.

So realistically it's us vs Detroit

Ack! Dante's third ampersand of Hell.

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/765595

More of Friedman's comments... It's based on the fact, per Friedman, that only Toronto and Buffalo have filed for permission to hire Babcock as of Friday.

"As of (Friday) night, only two teams had officially filed for permission, agreeing to give up compensation if they hired Mike Babcock and that was Toronto and Buffalo," Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman said on Hockey Night in Canada's Saturday Headlines segment.

"So unless when he comes back from the (World Championship) this week, someone else does it, it's going to be the Maple Leafs, the Sabres or the Red Wings."

"Now it's believed that the Sabres are putting together a big pitch," Friedman said Saturday. "That doesn't mean they're going to get him. However, it does look like we're finally heading to a conclusion this week."

I didn't take any offense to your comments. Good back and forth discussion is what makes these boards. Comments like MB is what ruins them. Totally uncalled for.

MB's got an odd dynamic going.  He joined and lurked for a bit, got active about the time McEichel was locked up (talk about bandwagon), and now half his posts are complaints about other posters.  He's become ignore worthy rather quickly.

Sorry guys, ive been super busy so this may have been discussed. I heard theres a "in the know" guy on another forum (sabres fans i think) who claims Babcock to Buffalo is a done deal. Guess hes been right in the past. Anyone have any info on that?

Im not a member there. But im sure some of you cheat on SS and frequent over there... lol

I went there for a bit and left. Too many punk ass kids as opposed to the cultured punk ass kids here.

I'm assuming Sick is one, but who is the other?

PA.

MB's got an odd dynamic going. He joined and lurked for a bit, got active about the time McEichel was locked up (talk about bandwagon), and now half his posts are complaints about other posters. He's become ignore worthy rather quickly.

I just get bored of the same people always taking the negative and opposite opinion all the time. I'm excited for the Sabres and their future and I love our owner and our GM. I like to be positive, believe it or not. It's just some people are predictable.

Here's another thought I had on that goofy interview: maybe Babcock is doing Holland a solid. Perhaps Babs has made up his mind to leave, and Holland wanted him to go public with him to make it look like Babs decision was a labored one. By so doing, they make it look like the Wings organization is strong, and that Babs leaving wouldn't be the end of the world.

PA.

I just get bored of the same people always taking the negative and opposite opinion all the time. I'm excited for the Sabres and their future and I love our owner and our GM. I like to be positive, believe it or not. It's just some people are predictable.

Nothing I said in my post had anything to do with the Sabres. It was directed at the Red Wings. So I am not sure where you are coming from. Either way if my posts bother you that much that you feel compelled to call me out after I make probably 3 posts in the last month then have at it.

PA.

We all get bored with the various ad nauseum that occurs on message boards. There is no need for half of anyones content to be call outs about it.

We all get bored with the various ad nauseum that occurs on message boards. There is no need for half of anyones content to be call outs about it.

I had to read this a second time not to read it as this-

We all get bored with the various ad nauseum that occurs on message boards. There is no need for half of anyones content.

They better have plan B ready to close fast.

It's probably Richardson. I am the only one who feels like going from Babcock to Richardson would be like going from taking to the head cheerleader to the prom to taking a cousin instead?

It's probably Richardson. I am the only one who feels like going from Babcock to Richardson would be like going from taking to the head cheerleader to the prom to taking a cousin instead?

Babcock: Head cheerleader

Richardson: blind date