McDavid OR Eichel?!?!? DONE.

Brennan Huff

It'll be fun watching Mike Harrington and Bucky Gleason walk this season back.  They did wonders for themselves these past few months.

Haven't looked, but I am fully expecting one or both to be pissing into our breakfast cereal from their high tower of righteousness.

Did anybody see channel 7 talk to the guy at Pearl Street that said what the Sabres just did is more important than winning a Stanley Cup? Yikes.

I disagree with those saying we shouldn't be excited... I think what we just did is extremely important and worth celebrating but that statement is ridiculous.

0% chance for McDavid since he won't be eligible. Probably pretty close to 0% chance for Eichel as well since they'd probably want to monitor his development.

Maybe 25% for Reinhart? Not even sure if I'd want that. Both Girgensons and Risto got concussions from total cheap shots in the AHL their first pro seasons. My feeling is there are a ton of goons in the AHL.

As an AHL season ticket holder, I don't believe there's a lot of goons. I've seen a ton of quality hockey this year.

Did anybody see channel 7 talk to the guy at Pearl Street that said what the Sabres just did is more important than winning a Stanley Cup? Yikes.

I disagree with those saying we shouldn't be excited... I think what we just did is extremely important and worth celebrating but that statement is ridiculous.

I actually did catch that, made me laugh.

Ok, now that Buffalo is slated for 1 or 2, what is the chance either one of them will start next year? Would it be wiser to put him Rochacha? Just wondering your opinions. Thanks!

and also... Kick the crap outta Pittsburgh tomorrow!

I'll go on record and say that I'll be outright angered if whoever we draft isn't with the big club next season, and at least contributing somewhat.

I know, I know, this is a tough league, but everyone's talking about these guys like Crosby and Ovechkin back in the day.

Good players may start with the smaller clubs, generational players don't, hence I'll feel pretty bummed if that turns out being the case.

Edited by Kristian

I'll go on record and say that I'll be outright angered if whoever we draft isn't with the big club next season, and at least contributing somewhat.

I know, I know, this is a tough league, but everyone's talking about these guys like Crosby and Ovechkin back in the day.

Good players may start with the smaller clubs, generational players don't, hence I'll feel pretty bummed if that turns out being the case.

Good post. Thanks!

Haven't looked, but I am fully expecting one or both to be pissing into our breakfast cereal from their high tower of righteousness.

There were zero tweets from Bucky Gleason last night.  Harrington is suddenly playing it very straight on the Sabres and acting like the Tank wasn't his favorite subject for trolling this year.

a little something i threw together quickly

mceichel.jpg

Ew, Eichel looks like Larrson. C'mon Bucky. Please make the column that reads GMTM did the right thing now that it's secure you pimple.

Kane gets 9. Eichel going with 15?

Isn't that what he wore a WJC?

Or maybe 19 if Hodgson gets dumped?

Hope McDavid goes 17, like WJC, not 97. 

I'm no fine of high numbers.

17 would be cool but I suspect he wears 97 and is it his tradition and would be surprised with anything else. I'm sure if we won the lotto you would grow accustomed to it no?

My question is which will wind up the better player? When I watch Eichel I worry that he doesn't seem to play D 100% and always give the best effort. Does anyone else notice that? I haven't seen McDavid play. How much better do you think McDavid is going to be and how much are you hoping we get him versus Eichel?

My question is which will wind up the better player? When I watch Eichel I worry that he doesn't seem to play D 100% and always give the best effort. Does anyone else notice that? I haven't seen McDavid play. How much better do you think McDavid is going to be and how much are you hoping we get him versus Eichel?

There's a definite gap between the two players, but they should both be star-type first-line centers for a long time. Eichel is a high-effort guy. He might seem to be floating sometimes, but McDavid does it too. The talent difference between them and their opponents allows them to do that while still playing at a high level sometimes.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.