SabreSpace NHL.com Bracket Challenge 2015

Hoss

It's going so good for me, I wonder if the rags can do it tomorrow and give me a perfect second round.

For having watched basically NO hockey this season and having relied on previous hockey knowledge and hearsay, I am impressed with myself. I am like a hockey whiz lady. Like a...like a savant...or more specifically, an idiot savant. Or like an artist who lost her muse but discovered she is her own muse. Or like a spiral staircase that never yearns to go in one direction. Or maybe, just maybe, like a helpless puppy that steals the biggest bone while the big dog is weeping from the pity it feels for the puppy.

Yes. This is all true.

That's a great story Monkeygirl.

I'm so far behind at this point I am about to be passed by the leaders.

Oh well, it was / is all in good fun and just shows that in the playoffs anything can happen.

Now, I am not a fancystat guy, so my picks were not based on any of that junk.

This whole time I thought I'd picked Montreal over TB, but checking this morning, it seems I had actually correctly picked Tampa.  But no matter... as I sit patiently in third place now, Oli-V has an identical bracket to me with an edge due to first-round tiebreakers. Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

Moved up into a tie for 5th in the SabreSpace league and I'm up to the 26,000th something place for the NHL tournament. Honestly, I'd rather see the Capitals beat the Rangers because they are more entertaining but I picked the Rangers to win this round and advance to the SCF next round, so I guess we'll see what happens.

This whole time I thought I'd picked Montreal over TB, but checking this morning, it seems I had actually correctly picked Tampa.  But no matter... as I sit patiently in third place now, Oli-V has an identical bracket to me with an edge due to first-round tiebreakers. Doooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed!

;)

What does better flow than Eichel even mean? I mean, his hair is Eric Wood level awful.

Don't bring me down, Blue. - ELO

You've got the red, I've got the curly.  Let's make our own Jack.

:lol:.

Is that how Whiskey Bottle was made?

Edited by WildCard

I've actually got 11/12 series correct in my bracket thus far, just missing St. Louis/Minnesota first round. Puts me in the 99th percentile but still only at 11,138th place, haha.

Playoffs has been fairly predictable thus far it seems, which is a tad disappointing.

Edited by Thorny

I've actually got 11/12 series correct in my bracket thus far, just missing St. Louis/Minnesota first round. Puts me in the 99th percentile but still only at 11,138th place, haha.

Playoffs has been fairly predictable thus far it seems, which is a tad disappointing.

Ah shoot.... so you are tez702? We have identical brackets (CHI over NYR), except you got the advantage on those first-round bonuses!  Oh well.

By the way, I too was really pulling for the Caps over the Rags.

Ah shoot.... so you are tez702? We have identical brackets (CHI over NYR), except you got the advantage on those first-round bonuses!  Oh well.

By the way, I too was really pulling for the Caps over the Rags.

Nope I actually am not in the SS league, maybe I can still add myself in? I'll try!

Edit: Yup I was able to join in. My team is dirtymike&theboys (The Other Guys reference). We are tied in points, just behind tez702. Nothing separating mine and your brackets save the Cup winner now!

Hmm..just saw it's not giving my team a rank though. I probably added in too late.

Edited by Thorny

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.